Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

thom

got a few Simplicity & A-Cs recently

thom

After a long spell away from the hobby I got back in. I picked up a few projects including some Simplicity and Allis Clalmers. I really like my '73 A-C 410. The previous owner had built a shelter from a truck bed camper cover for it. It will get a restoration back to the correct orange and white. I would like to add the correct lights to it also.

20181222_150259.jpg

This B210 came from the same seller. It too is worth putting back like it once was with the correct seat.

20181222_150210.jpg

And this JC Penny. I love it. It appears to have had a deck transplant at some point. If the deck is good I will color match it to the rest of the tractor during it's restoration. I believe these JC P tractors are rather low production, possibly as few as 500,  can anybody confirm that? Someone told me that mine should be # 149 of 500. Unconfirmed, really not that important, but interesting.

20181219_110427.jpg

I have eyes on a pile (4 or 5) Simplicity 724, 728, & 737 types close by here also. Just waiting and watching for the right time to swoop in.

The 410 outside after a rinse and with the John Deere blade removed.  The blade fits well and I will probably try it when I need to clear the snow from my driveway.

20181225_154420.jpg

Edited by thom
  • Like 2