Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

716h snowblower belt

bsadler

NOTE: the original response below is for a 7100 series tractor, not a 7000 series - I didn't notice the tractor model in the title line of the post.

Simplicity part #1666798, 147.1".

However, a 146" belt will work fine but IMO, make sure it's a kevlar belt; such as where I get mine:

https://www.vbelts4less.com/A144K--A-Section-Kevlar-K-Plus-V-Belts_p_12541.html

Edited by PhanDad
First Edit:Added OEM info Second Edit: Added tractor series comment

OEM set-up for that tractor was for the front PTO.

That said, many have modified the cone clutch idler to give the correct angle to the snowblower idler.

Is this the first time you are using it on this tractor? Single or double idlers on blower hitch?

Belt length mentioned above might work depending on your set-up.

You can also do a search on the site, I'm pretty sure there has been more than one post on the topic.

9 hours ago, GregB said:

OEM set-up for that tractor was for the front PTO.

Good catch Greg.  I didn't notice that.  

The 147" belt definitely won't work if the tractor's mid PTO system wasn't swapped out to the 7100 series style.  

In the post BLT references above, it's reported a 143" belt works with the modified setup due to frame difference between the 7000/7100 series tractors.

Edited by PhanDad
Added 143" belt length comment

2 hours ago, PhanDad said:

Good catch Greg.  I didn't notice that.  

The 147" belt definitely won't work if the tractor's mid PTO system wasn't swapped out to the 7100 series style.  

My note was where someone installed a side plate from a 900/7100 series tractor to a 712H tractor and made the front mount work.

2 hours ago, BLT said:

My note was where someone installed a side plate from a 900/7100 series tractor to a 712H tractor and made the front mount work.

I agree that if you replace the entire 7100 series mid PTO setup (side plate, hanging idler setup with double tab, and movable idler that bolts to the side plate) you can run the single pulley snowblower hitch work on a 7000 series - but the belt needs to be shorter due do to the slightly longer 7100 series frame.   

It's also been reported that you can make the original 7000 mid PTO setup work with the single pulley snowblower hitch; I don't remember the details and can't find any posts on the subject. 

PS - I'll edit my 2 previous posts to avoid confusion.

I did it on my 7016h with just a shorter belt 144 or 143 been a few years since I used it, but it worked good from what remember.