Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Testing Club2 cross linkage

Spyder

I also had no clue on how to post a message. It's clearly evident on this format, as I just went to the bottom and started typing.

To make a post on the new sight go to the Discussions area and you will see a purple folder on the right side point to it,and it will say new topic click on it from there i think you can manage.

Geez, I know it is different, but I'm beginning to wonder: 1) Once you are at the list of messages, above them and below them is a link for a New Topic. 2) If you're looking at a specific topic, both above it and below it are links for both New Topic or to Reply to Topic. 3) Purple folders also mean "new topics" -- if they're on the left, it shows that there's something new in that discussion forum or that topic, like the new flags here. If it's on the right, you can click it and create a new topic.... 4) If you haven't joined over there (I haven't moved the databases -- yet), you won't be able to add topics or reply to any... If you give it a chance, I think you'll actually like the new clubhouse a lot better, once you learn how to navigate around it... I'm trying to give you opportunities to explore, practice and learn, before that becomes THE ONLY way to post messages. Unless I run into something unforeseen -- that WILL BE the new clubhouse, with further refinement, of course....

Kent, I am sorry. I just gave your new clubhouse a good hard try, and could not figure out how to post a reply or add a new message. It is EXTREMELY slow and again not intuitive. The FAQ did not have any help for the basics. It is difficult to detemine where I was. Kent please warn us before you switch to the new format so I (and maybe others) have time to say Good Bye to this great group. At this point I don't think I have the patience or skill to figure out the new format. Good Luck! Mike S.

Kent, Trying to register and it wanted an http:// in front of the url I put in, when I clicked to go back to registration, everything worked , I edited the entry and hit submit and got a jet database error, it had lost my password entries. I used the back button to get back and reenter them, but this may give some people fits, thinking they broke it. I'm also having problems trying to reply to a message, all I see is the purple folder on the left for a new topic, none on the right for a reply. Using IE 5.5/NT-4 on a P3 733 machine. Jack

Mike, did you try the Help link at the top of the screen? The very first set of FAQs that I have added is how to post topics, replies, etc. As far as threatening to leave -- well, that's your choice... Jack, if you haven't registered -- you can't post... so you won't see the links -- just like here. Sorry you had a problem with the URL... ----------------------------------------------------- I'm trying to give everyone advance notice and practice opportunities -- that's why I'm doing what I'm doing? I used this same approach when: 1) We moved from Yahoo... 2) The last major upgrade to the Clubhouse to make it what it is today... The approach was successful then, and I'm trying to make it work again. If that isn't enough, I don't know what more I can do -- I can't visit over 3500 people and demonstrate how to use it... Believe me, I'm not spending hours and hours of work just to make anyone's life difficult...

Kent, I am sorry, it was not ment to be a threat. But with any Internet site, if I can figure it out and move around in a few seconds I leave. Most sites I don't have trouble with. You have done a great job, I have really appreciated this club and all of your work. Moving to a new format is definitely your choice. With my limited time, I really liked the present fast and easy format. I just don't have time to spend hours at this every day. Good Luck! Mike S.

I too had trouble trying to post and navigate. It's a little over the top for my liking. I work all day with SAP R/3 and suffer from it's unsympathetic tutonic logic. I had a little flashback to that when I was navigating the test sight. Call me an old dog but I still like the "KISS" approach.

I'm not trying to be "hard over" either, it's just that the clubhouse HAS to change for too many reasons to describe here.... I understand how you value your time -- I also don't have the time to spend an hour a day sending out forgotten passwords, posting pictures, etc. BTW -- check the Cub site below, if you need a comparison... [A href='http://www.ihcubcadet.com/discus/']http://www.ihcubcadet.com/discus/[/a]

This is a test to see if we can link to the new clubhouse. Click the link and enjoy!! I am using IE6.0 with all the service packs. So far, I haven't had any difficulty in Club2.[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=45']http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=45[/a]

IT SEEMS TO WORK GOOD ON THE SYSTEM THAT MY COMPUTER IS HOOKED TO. COULDN'T TELL YOU WHAT THAT SYSTEM IS THOUGH. I WEAS GOING TO PLACE A POST ON THE DISCUSSION PAGE BUT I COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT HOW TO DO IT. MAYBEE YOU COULD MAKE A DIRECTIONS SECTION FOR A LITTLE WHILE UNTIL MEMBERS LEARN HOW TO USE IT. OTHERWISE IT SEEMS TO BE VERY FUNCTIONAL. MATT