Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis hb 112

Allis 112

Looking at getting a restored allis hb 112 with a restored 46 inch dozer blade is 1150 a good price for a restored hb 112 the tractor was a complete tear down  restoration when it was done 

Depends on the level of restoration vs what you plan to do with it. "Level of restoration" includes whether the mechanical systems (ie the hydro system) was restored to good shape. I have never had a hydro so I can't comment further!

Tom

Welcome to the club.

Everyone here has there favorite style of these tractors & there expertise on certain models.  I personally have never had one of these Vickers hydrostatic units.  But from what I hear, if you have one that has had the notorious leaking pintle shaft repaired correctly by boring & bushing, then I hear they are the greatest by being butter smooth as opposed to the later Sundstrand units.

Like Tom said above, it depends on the level of restoration.  a Dupont overhaul with new paint & stickers is not a restoration.  Has the hydro been taken care of?, has the engine been at the very least evaluated to determine the bore is within the specs in the manual.  Crankshaft journal measured & checked with plastiguage against the rod.  Piston, rings, hone, bore, valve guides & seats......Well, you get the idea...I think you may have more questions for the seller.

To answer your question.  If the engine was rebuilt & the hydro unit was corrected, then my opinion only is that it is worth the price.  You never get your time reimbursed for the work a lot of us put into these machines.  Based on that price, I doubt anything else was done besides a Dupont overhaul with stickers.  & I'll bet you will find plenty of bolts that were just painted over instead of being replaced with new.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club. ..good luck on your hunt. Heed the advice of those in the know and you will be good to go.

Make sure to share pics if you do buy the tractor your looking at. 

• Like 1