Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy XL Question

GregB

Sort of looking for another XL. 

Found a 2010, 350hrs, Kawwi engine, 54" deck, 3 point, rear PTO, picures show clean and straight.

Dealer is asking $6900, not many locally around here.

First question, pricing opinions?

Trade value of my current 60" deck?

Second, how difficult is it to swap my loader onto this one?

My intent would be to use the one I have with the cab as 54" mower and to be acquired blower or plow.

Then put the loader and ROPS on the newer one.

Ive seen much better deals, usually including a loader, which can pretty easily recoup 2200-2500. I would hope for 500-700 from the deck.  I have seen (and bought) them for less (350/500).  I also saw one sell on ebay for $1100 in a bidding war. 

If I were looking for an XL and in no real rush, I would hold out for something in the 3500 range (no loader) or 5500 range (with loader). These prices are out there, sometimes, even better.  

• Like 2

As far as the loader, all you need to do is move the subframe over.  Very simple. 8 bolts I believe?  The front mount is easily removed and swapped.  Since mine is on/off frequently for front attachment use, i replaced my front mount bolts with pins. 

The subframe will then never need to be removed for any other attachment use. 

This area is almost a Simplicity desert. 

Been looking steadily since early fall. Not much, even at dealers as a trade-in.

Things in the $3500 range rarely come up, usually just Legacy, not XL 4x4

Not much out there for attachments, so re-sale to individual might be difficult.

What I like about this unit is it is same set-up as existing tractor, and low hours.

Know anybody here who has access to "Blue Book" price guideline?

Edited by GregB

No long road trip in my future.

2002 2500HD Silverado with 8.1L thirsty big block engine.  10MPG on a good day.

I have always thought the dragging the trailer along on the first look visit, puts you in a pretty poor negotiating position.

Really like to find someone with access to Wholesale/retail price guide.

That surprises me, as PA seems to be a hotbed for Simplicity and Allis stuff, and I've travelled out that way a few times for things.  Granted, they weren't XL's, so perhaps the 'late model' availability has fallen off.  

Greg, somewhere online I have run across a tractor bluebook of sorts, but the pricing indicated for the things I was looking at, never seemed quite right.  It always seemed like a 'dealer price' to me.  

I had noticed this one, and thought this looked like a pretty fair deal.  $5k, decked out and with 54" deck and dozer (a club member is looking for a dozer now...).  540hrs.  It's a gas machine, but I'm not sure if it's the Kohler or Kawasaki.  Compared to the one you're seeing locally, this is potentially $2000 cheaper and you have the extra dozer value.  That means you would be 'earning' at least $200 per hour to make the 10hr round trip to fetch it!  sm03  There was one East of you last week with a loader for $5k, but it looks like that had sold now.  Over near Milwaukee there was a 4x4/RPTO gasser with deck for $2200 and it sat for weeks and weeks.  Around 1000 hours.  I nearly went for that one.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/grd/d/burlington-simplicity-legacy-xl-hitch/6796674971.html

2 hours ago, GregB said:

No long road trip in my future.

2002 2500HD Silverado with 8.1L thirsty big block engine.  10MPG on a good day.

Fuel is at a record low!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

Fuel is at a record low!

Only for you youngsters Josh. It's not that many years ago when going to Florida for Bike Week we used to buy gas in Georgia at under a buck a gallon.dOd

Well; maybe it's been twenty or so years..666

Edited by B10Dave
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, B10Dave said:

Only for you youngsters Josh. It's not that many years ago when going to Florida for Bike Week we used to buy gas in Georgia at under a buck a gallon.dOd

Well; maybe it's been twenty or so years..666

...or so. :smilie_happy:

• Haha 1

@GregB

Just bumped into this while web surfing this AM:

00606_esu7yPKNbvz_1200x900.jpg

Newer with less hours but more $$ at $7450, have no idea how it compares (except 60" deck when it sounds like you'd prefer the 54").

• 1 month later...

I’m curious what you guys say a 2wd XL with only 60” deck, Kawasaki, and 750 hours should go for. One for sale locally for what I feel is pretty cheap. Already have a 4wd xl with loader,  3 point and rear pto. Thinking this could be a dedicated mowing machine but with the lack of options don’t want to over pay. 

40 minutes ago, B112_son said:

I’m curious what you guys say a 2wd XL with only 60” deck, Kawasaki, and 750 hours should go for. One for sale locally for what I feel is pretty cheap. Already have a 4wd xl with loader,  3 point and rear pto. Thinking this could be a dedicated mowing machine but with the lack of options don’t want to over pay. 

IMHO, I feel it's worth 3K.

23 hours ago, ShaunE said:

IMHO, I feel it's worth 3K.

I was kinda thinking $3k would be a pretty good buy. It’s listed for $2400. I was going to try to get it for $2k. 

I was thinking more like 2000-2500.  Not that it shouldnt be worth more, but i have just seen too many for such low prices.  I wound up picking up another 4x4 diesel last week.  I too would like to split the duties up a bit around home.