Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Moving on

krt

Last winter I came across a deal on a 7112s and I figured since it was the similar tractor as my Dad's 75th I went ahead and bought it.For years I used a 738 which was a nice heavy little tractor with a snow blade . To make a long story short I replaced the 738  with a 4212 which wasn't my cup of tea it felt flimsy and was a bouncy ride. The 7112 cost me $500 with a strong non smoking Kohler 12 hp. and a good BGB with a little work of welding up some worn linkages and readjusting and getting a 42" snow blower  on it it felt more like  a tractor should feel. Even after installing the poor mans power steering the steering wheel was still a little heavy for my wife to mow with which she likes to do. Came across a sovereign 18 hp with 42" deck and grass blower on the back with gray wheels and I guess rare power steering . Gentleman was asking $2000 with a 42" snow blade which I don't need . I called seller on the phone and I'm pretty sure he's a member here and if he isn't he should be because he bleeds simplicity orange. He told me he has been all through the tractor and currently is going to replace the bearings in the deck. Now after talking to seller for about 45 minutes about tractors we came to a price of $1,800 without the snow blade which here in Wooster Oh. area for a good running simplicity like this is the going rate. Now Charlie the seller after coming to an agreed price told me he is on his way to Florida until the grass starts growing again which I can't blame him.So this spring I should be buying a tractor and grass catcher that my wife can use . The only thing that he said could be done to it was repaint the hood and rear fender because the paint is thin and is starting to rust.So if every thing goes as planed I will be getting rid of the 7112 and replacing it with this.

00b0b_9SF4rdVph9g_600x450.jpg

• Like 5

I second the congrats.

I believe the tractor is a MFG#1692798, the last Sovereign with an OEM Command.  

I also have the "PECO" vacuum unit and love it.  "Your's" appears to be in much better shape.