Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
thedaddycat

E-Bay gem

thedaddycat
Well, I just got back from picking up my $100 little gem from E-Bay. It's a 725 with a 3-belt snowblower and rear counter-weight. I picked up a set of Bolens wheel weights from the guy too. She needs to warm up a little when you first start her, but a quick trip or six around the yard shows all gears to work. I'll update later with more info. like engine numbers. Where is the serial number on the 725? Later.... I checked, this tractor was blasted with "Instant Rebuild" orange. I'll have to sand the engine to see what I can find under it. The seat is a bass boat classic, folds down and everything! I'll get a better look tomorrow to see if a sticker's preserved under multiple coats of paint.

MPH
Sam: Given that Daddycat's 725 has a bassboat seat on it, and the fact than you are an "angler extraordinaire," wouldn't you say that the mfr. tag is in the same place, linguistically speaking, as that favorite fishin' spot where one catches the big bass, i.e., the "bass hole?" Couldn't help it...never could, never will. ;) Btw--Daddycat--congrat's--glad all the parts work. Can't wait to see it!

Isnt the 725 you got look like the one in the gallery "second life"?Take a look and see thanks...mike[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/second_life.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/second_life.htm[/a]

arjr111
Since, the seller of your new "gem" is also a member, he must have been glad a fellow member won the auction. With the snowthrower, he could have sold it on this site, for at least double or triple. Betya, he's kicking himself, for not putting a reserve on it. You should change your handle to "Lucky".... Art.

thedaddycat
Yep, sure looks like the same one to me. I never expected it to go so low, in fact it cost more in gas and tolls to go across CT and NY and back than the tractor did. I was bidding for the snowblower anyhow, and will most likely end up selling the tractor. BTW, the "Instant Rebuild" crack is because Kevin told me it was Chevy orange paint(which I forgot to mention) and we all know that's about all you can hope for with a Chevy..... lol Can you tell I'm a Ford man?(Later...) Did you know that you can sand the wrong area down to bare metal and STILL not find the engine numbers? However, if you look in the RIGHT spot all it takes is a little cleaning and they shine right through.... Model 19, Type 706047, Code 639185. Hey Kevin, that's Chevy Engine Block Orange, right??? I gotta go "Rebuild" my screw-up....oh the shame, having to buy Chevy parts....lol