Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Loader fab work help for Legacy

Alltractoredup

My plan is to fab the current loader subframe from my Sunstar to fit my Agco 2020.  Any chance somebody has the subframe from an early Legacy to take measurements?  

I looked up the subframe on jackssmallengines so I have an idea how it looks.  

I also know I will need to cut and weld the fulcrum point of the loader for the wider loader setup of the legacy.  15492222559762991335535536469805.thumb.jpg.cca2855f96e9eda664e1fefc09038df9.jpg

20190203_132601.jpg

20190203_132610.jpg

20190203_132616.jpg

• Like 1

I can look and see if I have pictures of loader I had on Legacy , similar to what you show .

Almost positive I have no measurements, didn't like that loader so I sold tractor

Sorry I looked and don't have any pictures of Legacy with that style loader . This is Kwik Way I have now , has a different hook up to the frame

DSCN2182.JPG

1 hour ago, 720nut said:

I can look and see if I have pictures of loader I had on Legacy , similar to what you show .

Almost positive I have no measurements, didn't like that loader so I sold tractor

Sorry I looked and don't have any pictures of Legacy with that style loader . This is Kwik Way I have now , has a different hook up to the frame

DSCN2182.JPG

Thanks for checking Lloyd, does that loader not have any bracing that wraps around the front?

4 minutes ago, Alltractoredup said:

Thanks for checking Lloyd, does that loader not have any bracing that wraps around the front?

Not like your early version of the KwikWay loader.  It has side braces that do run to a bracket that mounts to the lower front frame, see the green lines.  I have used both styles, and what Lloyd has is easier on/off.  However, I don't care for how far out front the load is on them, and prefer the early type for that reason, especially on early Legacy and Sunstars, which have no 4x4 option and have weaker front ends than the later XL's.

5c58375113edd_huffloader.JPG.3fb0674c5d9ad248f294bb33839202ec.JPG

• Thanks 1

FYI, the Legacy XL FEL Mfg. No. is 1694396 or 1694486 which has a wrap around frame. You can go to the Simplicity Manufacturing website and down load the owners and parts list manual for info.

• Thanks 1

Nick, the pictures of your loader looks exactly  like the loader I have on my Kubota, which is a SMC loader (Schwartz Mfg. Company).

Maybe you can get info from them.

Edited by MikeES
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 7:15 AM, MikeES said:

Nick, the pictures of your loader looks exactly  like the loader I have on my Kubota, which is a SMC loader (Schwartz Mfg. Company).

Maybe you can get info from them.

I will look into it.  My loader and sunstar was bought installed new from the simplicity dealer, so it has not been modified for any other tractors.  

I did some measuring and I have some plate steel the same thickness as loader frame.  I plan to do some cutting and welding this weekend, but with 3 little boys always wanted to help or play, it may not be a quick process, lol