Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Good Parts Tractor for Deutz 1815?

sparky27

Hello,

I have recently purchased a Deutz 1815H. The tractor is in need of a mower and decent seat. It came with a 38" mower (1690838- which is not in the what mowers fit guide) and 42" mower (ID Number has been removed), but I don't believe they are for this tractor. I am currently looking for a parts tractor that has a seat and most importantly a mower deck. I know a guy selling an allis 816 gt. The small frame garden tractor conversion chart lists an Allis T-800 and 800 series (I'm not sure if mine is a T-800 or just an 800 series). Would most of the parts and mower from the Allis bolt on my Deutz? What would the best parts tractors be for this model (800Gt and 6216)? According to local tractor shop, any 6000 series decks would work on this model. Is that correct? Are there any other series mowers that fit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1815h.jpg

deut.jpg

Edited by sparky27

If your 1815 is a vertical shaft engine, the A/C 816 just might fit. I'd measure the front mounting tabs on tractor and deck, and if they match you should be able to get them to work. One of the decks you have may work, measure them up before looking elsewhere. Oh, and welcome to the club.

• Like 1

My guess is this is closer to a 6500 series, as looks to have hydro, not 3 speed Vera drive like 6216's.  Not sure the model for picture.

All 5200, 6200, and 6500 Simplicity attachments should work.  I have versions of this, 6216 and 6516, and decks and blower are compatible.

Hope this helps some.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dhoadley said:

If your 1815 is a vertical shaft engine, the A/C 816 just might fit. I'd measure the front mounting tabs on tractor and deck, and if they match you should be able to get them to work. One of the decks you have may work, measure them up before looking elsewhere. Oh, and welcome to the club.

I hope one of the decks does work. Now I just have to wait for it to warm up a little before I get out in the barn and have a look. Thanks for the help and for welcoming me!

1 hour ago, JohnMBerst said:

My guess is this is closer to a 6500 series, as looks to have hydro, not 3 speed Vera drive like 6216's.  Not sure the model for picture.

All 5200, 6200, and 6500 Simplicity attachments should work.  I have versions of this, 6216 and 6516, and decks and blower are compatible.

Hope this helps some.

Maybe I should hold off on the 816GT and wait for something that has the same tranny, I really only wanted it to have the extra parts for my 1815H. The attachments bit will be extremely helpful, thanks!