Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sickle bar part question

TimJr

I have questions about the sickle bar guard that I have pictured. I am not an expert on the sickle bars, and the ones I have are in storage and not easily accessed right now. 

By part number 8161131, it does NOT belong on any of the tractor mounted 46" sickle bars.  I had posted this on the SimpletrACtors Facebook page about a week ago, and got some mixed answers.  By part number, it belongs on a 30" walking tractor sickle bar, I believe on the LH end of it.  This guard has one of the tops trimmed back.  I have 3 NOS ones like this, all with the original Simplicity sticker on them, so I trust it is made right.

They otherwise match the regular guards I have for the tractor sickle bars.  

I realize that I can physically install this to my 46" bars, but will it operate correctly?  Obviously it would need to be installed only at the far left end of it.

On the assumption that it is pointless to run this on a tractor sickle bar because it isn't correct, is there any value in these?  I don't know how many 30" walking tractor sickle bars are out there.  I hate to improperly use these vintage parts.

Again, on the assumption that I don't have a need for them, I guess would be interested in a trade for ones that work on 46" bars.  Maybe sell them outright.  (this post isn't intended to be a for sale ad, but kind of leads directly to one depending on the answers to the questions...)

20190217_131753.jpg

20190217_131801.jpg

20190217_131810.jpg

20190217_131819.jpg

This looks to be the opposite of the one on my bar. I bet it is for the left end of the walk behind sickle bar and I'd guess there would be one on the other end that is the mirror image of this one.

Yes, it is for the LH end of the walking tractor sickle bar.  I just wasn't sure why it has the one guard trimmed back.  I don't want to basically mis-use a vintage part like this.  I guess if it doesn't really have any value or no one has a need for it, then I guess I would use them in a pinch.