Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Harbor Freight Predator coupon

GregB

I don't care for how they compare their prices to that of the name brand as if their items are on some phenomenal sale.  The coupon is $70 off, not $740 off. 

• Like 1

Don't take that the wrong way @GregB, I'm not disparaging your sharing the coupon, thanks for that. Just pointing out that HF doesn't do the fantastic discounts they used to. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chris727 said:

doesn't do the fantastic discounts they used to

Yeah, but I have a free tape measure and a free volt/ohmmeter in every corner of the shop, in my household tool bag, an in the car.  On top of that, I gave a tap measure and an ohmmeter to each of my 7 sons as stocking stuffers.  You gotta' love this place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never really even look at the compare prices.  Sort of like Sears and their 5hp 110v compressors......

• And as for the discounts I agree.  The 20% off is good on fewer and fewer items.

After seeing, hearing, and driving @maxwood sovereign with Predator repower I have thought seriously about buying one. They are a smooth running engine and at 659 + parts needed it is a worthy competitor. Since my local Sears store closed I stop at HF a lot more than I used to...

Hello, 4  1\2 years after it was delivered  it is still running strong  . No leaks, starts easily .

The $700 that I paid ,was worth it to get a former Triad powered sovereign back up and running .

It is great with the snowblower on it plenty of power .

I think the shipping was only $6  

Thanks Ken in MI

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/51913-repower-7117-22hp/#comment-51916

IMG_3132.JPG

Edited by maxwood
  • Like 1

Check out my blog - - -I'm putting a 670 Predator in my 9020 Powermax.  Working on the raised motor mount right now but will have pics when I am a little closer.  Presently measuring to establish where the motor should sit on the mounting plate so as to maintain the driveshaft centerline. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, GregB said:

Ken,

Have you, or know anyone that has done something to offset the low amp charging circuit?

Thats the only problem I have with them, and their vertical shaft  twins. 7 amp charging circuits wont run a electric clutch and keep up. In a Sovy it doesnt matter, but in a sunstar or powermax it really does matter.

I dont know how HF can get away with advertising their vertical twins as replacements for most mowers with only a 7 amp charging system. Most vertical powered mowers use an electric clutch these days.

I've seen small  belt drive alternators rigged up on other engines and work, so that is an option  if one has the room on the pto shaft for a small pulley.

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Like 2

Hello, I have never seen a spec for amp output . Is there a way to test for amperage ?

I had an old tecumseh in my sears tractor that had a 30 amp output. 

Thanks Ken in Mi

My pack-rat son took the Argon gas tank from my Hobart welder and left me a Chicago Electric (Harbor Freight) gas regulator in its place.  That was 6 months ago.  Last week I finally picked up a CO2/Argon tank and hooked it all up.  Turned on the gas pressure and PSSSSSSSS the gas was leaking out of the bleeder vent.  Called customer support who said to take it back to the store.  Now, I had no receipt and it was at least 6 months since purchased.  The store manager said, "We have a 30 day (or was it 90 days?) return policy."  But she swapped me out with a smile,  You gotta' love these guys.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...