Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What are your 2019 projects?

Chris727

Thought I would share some of my upcoming projects. What are some of your projects??

With all of the machines in the fleet, I have many needing attention. My goals are (while probably unattainable I have to set them):

Swap engines and frames from a parts HB-112 to a different HB-112 and get it driveable.

Fix the leaky rear axle seal on the MF16, install deck and get machine completed.

Get three B-207's into running shape. 

Maybe get the 8hp short block install completed and reassemble my Homesteader 8 (hasn't run since '06)

If I get the MF16 done and moved to a new home, then I intend to start reassembling the early B-10 I bought from LesH back in 2005. It will be getting the B-1 forklift attachment installed. Its a long shot but I'm optimistic. 

Also have about a dozen other misc projects not worth mentioning. 

Here are the HB-112's

DSCN9807.thumb.jpg.17a98a0ec146f268473ccf215547c8f6.jpg

IMG_8984.thumb.jpg.6308621d101c743554ab44f86ee113ab.jpg

One of the B-207's. Had it running but need to tube a tire, replace a drive belt, and PTO crankshaft oil seal. 

DSCN7065.thumb.JPG.48d40aaaeccb3aa65ce1a8b6a523be18.JPG

Homesteader as of last year.

b10no2.JPG.c0b6547070b952ac986e2a1b962ecb17.JPG

B-10 Before disassembly. (circa 2005)

b10split2.jpg.76186e09203c85381bfe5246dbd5b541.jpg

B-10 during. I was doing the bodywork on it not long ago, Oh wait, Its now 11-1/2 years ago!!!!! Seems like  yesterday.

parts1.JPG.dc812846cb5df53b7dfadc99e1bcb781.JPG

Most of the B-10 is ready for assembly. Engine work is done. Still need to go through the trans. Most of the paint is done also. 

frame1.JPG.c53438863a3a737257a4ed9955ed6380.JPG

Getting the chrome done for the B-10 seat rails this week......

Stay tuned...

So what are you're projects???????  

• Like 5

Starting to look for a cheap 20hp Sunstar, notice I said cheap, want to do a complete conversion and show everyone that the ugly tractor can look good.

This will take place after I have my pulling tractor complete.

I do however have a list that would probably fill several pages, but in reality I know most will get put on back burner as soon as grass starts growing. Between camping and tractor pulling , don't see much really getting done till fall.

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hopefully start restoration of my T-70bes Panzer garden tractor, work on a boat that I just got, finish putting lights on my b-112, put the engine back in my 718-H, and put a water pump on my Allis WD-45.  Some of theses are problems not going to get done.

65C6EB48-EE0F-43FE-B6E2-B0F08D2B8A05.jpeg

65BE6AD6-8686-4EC2-BE66-6698EDE96DA7.jpeg

23B2178C-B1D8-44AE-8592-09469878EE89.jpeg

• Like 4

Rebuild driveshaft on Legacy

Oil, filters and batteries where needed on all my working machines that get used regularly

Sharpen blades

New carb on 20hp Vanguard in Prestige #2

Make up idler pulley for trans filter on DA 916

swap trannies in Sunstar

New brake controller in F-250

Winch and bracket build on dump trailer

Drainage work on east side of shop and along the front

New culvert under drive and drainage ditch renovations associated with that

Rebuild about 100' of woven wire fence with a new  gate hole  in it.

May or may not fix up $40 725 I got last year. Looking more like just passing it on to someone else for a project. First come first serve.

All I can think of  for intentions at the moment....

Oh yeah...more...

Convert jack type crane in back of F-250 to a electro -hydraulic setup...

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Like 3

• Reseed the yard
  • Engine swap in Sovereign
  • Do something about the creek channel behind the house
  • Finish moving garden tractor equipment/parts from basement to the shop
  • Repair yard irrigation system torn up during shop construction
  • Rework new french drain system that hasn't worked right since installation this past summer
  • Bring AC 910 to life
  • Then there is the Magna-Trac project
  • and the EZ Rake restoration
  • Like 4

On the tractor front, downsize fleet.  B-116 loader tractor to go now that I have the XL.  Drastically thin the attachment herd (do not need 3 42" snowblowers, etc). Finish and get rid of 716H.

Finish the 100amp service from Shop to tractor garage, and wire the garage.  Feed wire is pulled from tractor garage to shop panel, just need to hook-up to the breaker in the 200amp shop service panel.

Reseed front lawn.

Going to have the driveway repaved and slightly expand parking pad behind house.

And of course fix anything that breaks, and work on the wife's list also.

• Like 4

I'm hoping to get around to downsizing my collection a lot more. Get some things better organized is a biggie! I have a B-210 that needs a lot of attention, a couple walk behinds to get going, and countless things on the big tractors. These will have to ride backseat to a wall on the house I need to rebuild and of course my 5 and 3 year old children! 

Basically most of the above is a fantasy list other than the last sentence. &:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Small stuff!  Mostly...

1. Sell some more to clear out the clutter (Lots on the table at this point...)

2. Polish the new 2110

3. Wire the shop with a few new circuits.

4. Leaks, fix.  (515 loader cylinder, forklift cylinder, XL shifter input o-rings

5. Trannys.  (eB-10 lost 3rd gear.  T-8 is stuck in third)

6. Finish engine install in Squire 6 and free up the center pivot.

7. Refurbish: 540 PTO for Pmax, Airplane hitch for Pmax, Brinly 12" plow

8. Wanted to refurb the new 718H, but instead I think it will hit the chopping block.  

• Like 4

Get engine in my 1975 Ford F150 and finish assembly and get it on the road

Sell about 5 AC farm tractor

get rest of my garden tractors running

Find more energy to do all this

Help kids with their projects

go to Kansas to see Grand daughter and her husband

keep mama happy

• Like 4

Finish rehab and painting touch-up on 7016. get a new decal set.

Repaint the hood on the 710.

convert AC white mower deck into a Simplicity orange mower deck and put it on the 7016. Replace bearings and drive pulley.

Keep plowing snow until  it finally stops snowing - no end in sight

Adjust valves on Kohler engine on the CC ZTT 42 - again - and try to figure out a way to keep them adjusted so it starts without running the battery dead. (they don't make 'em like they used to)

Dig up 4 or 5 stumps around where a big spruce tree blew over last year. I can't decide whether to spend bucks to rent a backhoe to dig them up, or make it into a hand-dig and saw summer-long project.

Use tractor fleet to rehab the stump holes and prep for planting a lawn there.

catch some kokanee

camp in the mountains

visit the grandkids in MN

• Like 4

Going to leave my 716H as the snow machine, and set up the 712H for mowing.  The 48" deck needs the normal blade sharpening and white respray.

I'm tired of switching implements and installing/removing chains with the change of seasons. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Chris727 said:

IMG_8984.thumb.jpg.6308621d101c743554ab44f86ee113ab.jpg

Tell me about the 4 legged "old school tractors" in the background of this pic please.  They're my oldest daughters favorite kind.  sm00

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhanDad said:

Tell me about the 4 legged "old school tractors" in the background of this pic please.  They're my oldest daughters favorite kind.  sm00

Bill, those furry things belong to Rich Nolte @B-16_IC

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

None Tractor related, clear over hanging branches along driveway, they rub along the camper, and dump trucks when I bring one home, make pad along the garage larger for camper. Haul a load or 2 of millings to clean up driveway. 

As for the tractors I’d love to get the 616 polished up along with the 620 loader backhoe tractor as well. 

Buy and install a front clutch for the repowered 720. Rebuild drop axles on the 720.

The repowered 4041 needs a carb rebuild, I’m not a fan of the vanguard repower, I’ve had more issues with that motor then the 40 year old onans. Rebuild deck boot for the bagger on this tractor.

The system 9020 needs an alternator set up put on, have most the parts just need the time to do it. 

Would love to tear down the York rake and get that painted up. Prolly won’t happen. 

Decide on what tractor and install the ROPS. On one of the pmax’s, just bought them back from Josh and I’m already looking at them wonder why 🤦‍♂️

Get the mighty Mack chipper off the pallet racking and mounted on the 7790 . 

I’m sure there’s a thing or 2 I’m forgetting but those are my priorities when it comes to tractors. While doing any of those project trying to keep up with year and half old little boy that’s into everything, and keeping his 5 year old brother occupied, they both love being out in the barn with me, and I love that they love being out there, but it makes every project take twice as long. 

Then there’s mommas projects and camping trips! 

• Like 5

I have a 3415H that is in incredible original condition as far as the paint, body, seat, tires, etc.  The PO has rebuilt the BGB and hydro but I would need a donor tractor to find all of the parts to complete it. Long story short: part of an E-Bay package bought from an estate after the old guy rebuilding it passed away.  Brand new cone clutch parts, everything done correctly, but passed before he finished.  I sold the engine to one of our members who needed it after it had been just sitting for a few years waiting for me to finish it. That too had been gone through.  Tractor is clean and has been stored indoors.  I must have had it for 4-5 years now.  I have to either move it or finish it, it's too nice to part out.  So I hope to finally attack that one this year.

Edited by Brettw
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Chris727 said:

Bill, those furry things belong to Rich Nolte @B-16_IC

...but does he actually admit to claiming them for himself ?

I myself dont know which is worse, dealing with the horses....or dealing with the women that have to have them..9_9

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Nice pics all

I am going to try to get my 4211 running. Likely with a donor engine. Maybe another 13hp briggs

My 7116 really needs nothing but I think I will change out the golden hydro filter.

Not sure what I am going to do with my Sunstar 14 yet. Any ideas welcome. My 74 Ariens snowblower needs nothing yet again. 

John Deere 826 is good as well. Had a good winter with my equipment.

• Like 3

very simple tractors goal for 2019.

1. Try to have at least one running with a good mower deck, every time the grass gets high enough to mow.....

2. Remember to get spare belts before they break at dark on a weekday or after everything closes on the weekend.

• Like 4

Swap the wheels off the 6216 and 6516, and snow tires arrived for the 6216 winter tractor.

Start the clean up and go thru the Big Ten as time permits.  Perhaps magna ignition, and change the oils.  Clean the deck, sharpen hte blades, and see how it cuts.

Work at painting 3 bedrooms, yard maintenance, till garden help plant.  Make two raised beds in garden this year to aid wife with back concerns.

Man I may have to retire to keep up.....

• Like 5

I here you Sam.  Wife used to own horses.  Now she just "takes lessons" to get her "fix".

Better plan in the long run...............

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Pull engine on the little Honda 4514 and do timing belt and water pump, coolant flush, new oil pump gear, also add an oil pressure sensing/warning system, pull deck clean, touch up as necessary and sharpen blades, new air filter and pre-filter.

On the Sovereign, new spindle bushings, pull the deck fully clean, and lube, remove any rust and repaint as necessary. Maybe some new tires or at the least fill them all with antifreeze. General cleaning and maintenance as well

• Like 2

The picture @Chris727 posted above was from last year when he picked up that B-207 which is so well traveled I've owned it twice! The horses are my wife's passion. I have a three year old girl that is picking up the torch as well. Currently four Morgan mares ranging from two years to the one looking at the camera in the picture who is is I believe 20. MIL just bought a Halflinger pony for the youngsters to ride, that'll be in my care too. 

I love animals, but they try my patience at times. I'd much rather the kids take an interest in horses than four wheelers, I'm probably in the minority there but I have my reasons. I have had a hard enough time saying no to the wife over the years, saying no to my little princess is almost impossible. 😉

20190223_170544.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, B-16_IC said:

saying no to my little princess is almost impossible.

I can understand that!

My daughter and SIL are into endurance racing so they collect Arabians.  I think the count is up to 5 now.  Here's a pic of a couple of them:

IMG_1315.thumb.JPG.2dc2eb1f7183ab372e4d665c8fee2ed5.JPG

And I get almost daily pics like this (gotta keep them trained you know):

IMG_3668.thumb.JPG.7494311ca8192026926e4b15418dd87a.JPG

IMG_1413.thumb.JPG.e7c6a5e660cd8627c51e0a2af122acf0.JPG

IMG_3599.thumb.JPG.a3deadb54d52dc61a0782f42bd33f972.JPG

(The new pup is pointing out a stick that needs to be thrown)

• Like 7