Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sunstar rear pto shafts NLA

s_stephen

just checked with my local dealer to get a new rear pto shaft for the 2000 rpm pto on my sunstar and it is no longer avalible. last one i bought was 5 years ago for a different tractor that is long gone.

• Sad 1

I guess I’m not all that surprised. 😔 You should be able to piece one together from an ag warehouse.  That’s what I had to do for my power max.

I've had some luck finding old parts on old dealers shelves.  Call around and you might get lucky.

Or Surplus Center?  Is what you're looking for a short splined shaft (I think that's what's sticking out the back of a SunStar)?

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Power-Transmission/Shafting/Splined-Shafting/1-15T-x-6-Partial-Splined-Shaft-1-3092-6.axd

4 hours ago, PhanDad said:

I've had some luck finding old parts on old dealers shelves.  Call around and you might get lucky.

Or Surplus Center?  Is what you're looking for a short splined shaft (I think that's what's sticking out the back of a SunStar)?

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Power-Transmission/Shafting/Splined-Shafting/1-15T-x-6-Partial-Splined-Shaft-1-3092-6.axd

iplimage.thumb.png.112a2ac78c0a4cc96b0d2c205cc0b2c2.pngnumber 28 in the picture is the shaft. it is female spline to a keyed shaft.

Ahhhh...i was thinking implement shaft. I wonder if you could take part #1716256SM from a legacy and weld in a keyed shaft?  The splined end should fit the sunstrand shaft.  Legacy and Sunstar used the same unit. 

good idea josh i have 2 of the shafts on the bench with wore out splines so ill give it a try.

Edited by s_stephen

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Might also check if a Deere rear PTO shaft will work.  Deere 400's are VERY similar to Sunstars behind the engine.

the deere shafts are 1 inch longer i already checked into it