Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
plastikosmd

Sickle bar

plastikosmd

Does anybody have any diagrams in regards to how the bar attractions to the tractor. I am converting from hydraulic lift a manual lift sickle. Obviously, The two front attachment points via pins are obvious. How does the mower attach the mid tractor, just a chain?

thank u

GregB

image.png.d775bdc129283fb6ad72ee84b22f014e.png

And here is a pic of the home made hanger bracket on my B-10, it is a little out of adjustment.  The chain length is so that it just brushes the ground or is just off the ground, at least that how mine is set-up.

IMG_1390[1].JPG

Edited by GregB
  • Like 1

plastikosmd

Thx guys

so just chain it up to barely brush

I removed the cable lift mechanism and switched it to a manual lift. My goal is to use the Suckle bar and the front brush cutter. I will have to customize the hitch underneath so that both attachments whole attached to the tractor at the same time

Let me know if anybody needs the entire cable with mechanism as pictured in carl’s Diagram

GregB

I am not sure you  need to customize front attachment mounts.  Try longer pins and offsetting one of them to the outside of the axle mounting points.  Seem to remember someone running a snow blower and a center grader blade in the same set-up.

GregB

I found this.

"Bob And the trusty Belt book says AC B-112 1967/68 AC B-112 MFG# 2029900 Variable Drive Belt #164080 54.0" type HI Generator Belt #157524 39.1" type 3/8 P.T.O. Belt #164146 34.1" type HA Power Lift Belt #157203 22.0 type 3/8 AC B-112 MFG# 2029901 Variable Drive Belt #164080 54.0" type HI Generator Belt #157524 39.1" type 3/8 P.T.O. Belt #164146 34.1" type HA Power Lift Belt #157203 22.0 type 3/8 AC HB-112 MFG #2029931 Drive Belt #166172 41.7" type HA Generator Belt #157524 39.1" type 3/8 P.T.O. Belt #164146 31.4 type HA Power Lift Belt #157230 22.0 type 3/8 AC HB-112 MFG# 2029932 Drive Belt #166172 41.7" type HA Generator Belt #157524 39.1" type 3/8 P.T.O. Belt #164146 31.4 type HA Power Lift Belt #157230 22.0 type 3/8 42" Rotary Mower Cross Drive Belt #108248 48.1" type HA Arbor Drive Belt #108209 82.1 Type HA This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD"

Bolded looks like the right one.

I can try to verify when I get home with the belt on my B series.

Edited by GregB
  • Thanks 1

GregB

But I also found this in the B Series Repair Manual, looks like belt length varied somewhat.

Which model tractor is this going on, and it it the original mid pto to that model?

image.png.a8b2ced2b4e754377d53d8ec96937df8.png

• Thanks 2

plastikosmd

Yep!

I am surprised how fast the sickle runs even at 1/4 throttle and small pully 

I feel it could run slower 

Edited by plastikosmd
  • Like 2

720nut
45 minutes ago, plastikosmd said:

Yep!

I am surprised how fast the sickle runs even at 1/4 throttle and small pully 

I feel it could run slower 

Had one on my 720 run at slow speed shook the whole tractor pretty good higher rpm smoothed out considerably.  Just my $.02

Edited by 720nut

wwbragg
26 minutes ago, Bill725 said:

the larger pulley will have a higher belt speed

Sorry, Greg, I think you have this one backwards.  If the 'driver' pulley is larger than the 'driven' pulley the output speed will be higher but torque power will be lower.  If you want less speed but more torque, put the smaller pulley on the 'driving' end.  With the sickle bar we aren't going for higher torque (we're not, after all, cutting down trees), we just want to slow it down so it doesn't shake itself to death.

Edited by wwbragg
typo