Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dlsven

Brake pedal on 7116H

Al
Hi, Get in behind it and take the arm off and try to get the pedal worked out of the frame. Another thing you might do is try a little heat on it and then try to force some grease in it. An electric heat gun may help. Good luck, Al Eden

Spyder
I had a similarly stiff clutch-brake pedal on my B-110. I could move it with great force either direction, but the spring would not return it. SO..... It had to be disassembled!! I then removed the linkage from the back side. I'm now looking at the back side of the shaft at the end of what is basically a shoulder bolt from the threaded end. Then I applied a double nut with about 1 thread or so extended so I won't mess up the threads. Then a 1-2 foot length of pipe or rod, a two pound sledge, some squirts of penetrating oil, a few light whacks, then some bigger whacks and it started to move. Then some more heavier whacks and wallah, its off. Cleaned and lubed the shaft and it works like new. Dave

dlsven
The brake on the 7116H that I just bought is very stiff to operate. The grease fitting will not take any grease and I can't get the fitting out or the pedal off. Any suggestions? Thanks.

dlsven
I had taken the arm off the back and tried tapping the end of the shaft with the nut on it, never thought of putting a double nut on. I have the sledge and pipe so I'll give'r some good whacks and see what happens. I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

Dutch
Sounds like a situation for one of these tools........[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=4351&mode=short&startwith=120'][img src='http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/gaski-1.jpg'][/a]