Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

idler pully

LMichaels

Does anyone have a generic source for the idler pulley on a Sovereign 48" mower deck? It's number 1704926sm appears to be about 4" outer diameter, 3.5" on the flats and 3/8" bore.

Thanks!

Still a lot of moola for a simple pulley. I used to be able to simply walk into Farm and Fleet and they had generic ones off the shelf usually less than $10. Sadly F&F is becoming more Walmart and less Farm/Fleet

• Sad 1

The idler used on older decks is metal, about 1/8" less in diameter where the belt rides (3-1/4" vs 3-1/8").  It's part number is 164268 now 1685144.

I don't see why it wouldn't work.  Stens makes an equivalent.

• Like 2

And, you have to make sure the entire assembly is working properly and pivots freely.  These can freeze up and create an issue with everything.  They are a pain to get apart, but once cleaned up and coated in never seize, they pivot easily and keep the deck shell from harm.

It pivots fine. It has a grease fitting which I will hit with grease gun again. I hit all the arbors with grease gun as well, blades will be sharpened and I will be installing a new belt for the blades. It's been power washed top and bottom all the rollers are good so it should be good to go for a hopefully new owner once I get it done and on the market. I like this machine but really don't need a heavy ground breaking capable machine like this. The little Honda 4514 is capable (with care) of doing anything I need up to an including pulling my heavy core aerator around with no strain at all. Just got done rebuilding the PTO clutch on the Honda this AM so now that it is all serviced it can go back together as well.

I also need an idler and found this www.xysjkmarket.xyz they have for like $17.00 but it seems like a shady place as I cant find and other mention of the company. I have decided to pay more from I place that I can GOGGLE and get a hit.   if u type in 1704926 after u get to the above site they have them.