Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

36” tiller drive bearing

ac.d17iv

Does anyone know an alternative source for the upper drive bearing on the tiller?  Part number is 2105311SM.

Simplicity lists it for $70+. 

Also, my drive pulley is stuck on shaft and need to get it off to replace bearing. Any ideas?  I’ve soaked with penetrating oil. Maybe I need a pulled of some kind. 

Thanks 

According to the Timken Fafnir Farm Line Interchange Catalog:

5cb3c910bfff9_SimplicityToTimkenBearingInterchangeNumbersPg46.thumb.JPG.8dfa2b65345e155bb2a895983b6c600d.JPG

The Fafnir equivalent is FLCT 3/4 for the Simplicity part# 105311 (I believe the part number you listed is the updated number).

And according to the Timken Ball Bearing Housed Unit Catalog, the bearing only number for the above bearing is RA012RRB.

An interesting factoid is the new 36" tiller, MFG# 1690039 uses a Fafnir VFMST 3/4 for the upper bearing (Simplicity part #1669337).  But the bearing only is the same RA012RRB. 

As to getting the drive pulley off, I don't know of any puller that would span a pulley of that large diameter. After a good soaking,  I'd try to drive it further onto the shaft with a socket that's slightly bigger than the 3/4" shaft.  Once it's moved inward, clean up the shaft and drive it off.  

• Like 1

A bearing supply shop or eBay should have a better price. An implement dealer or farm store may have something also. 

14 hours ago, ac.d17iv said:

Also, my drive pulley is stuck on shaft and need to get it off to replace bearing. Any ideas?  I’ve soaked with penetrating oil. Maybe I need a pulled of some kind. 

I generally destroy the pulley in trying several primitive methods and hope I haven't damaged the shaft in the process. Your results may vary. 4i