Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rare Hitch?

john

Trivia Question; Does anyone know what tractor Simp.#990691 airplane hitch fits? Who says these machines are just Garden Tractors? They are small airplane tow vehicles too! dlc

My guess Landlord/Soverign or maybe Pow-R-Max, 1973-75 era. Every kit with that part sequence seems to fit around that time and model mix and it would seem the right wheight tractor to do that kind job.

Still can't find it but sticking to first post. I also agree with Kent as it would be good for small light planes. I haven't given up yet.

Bob T. was 1/2 right,but didn't specify which trac.!Kent was 100 percent RIGHT! Now how are we gonna split up the prize?....Jeff N's NEW "Harley" Soverign!-see the pic. in classifieds! Kent gets the use out of it for 9mos./Bob T.the other 3! Then I get to have it after that! And Kent,it's just for SMALL PLANES no UNC.SAM stuff!! It's not a pintle hook affair but a simple drawbar type tow-hitch with a locking pin! dlc

So how do I arrange delivery? Sounds like it's too dry in N.J. for Jeff to mow, and I need to take my B-210 down for some preventative maintenance....

I assume DLC will arrange delivery -- right, Jeff?

Sure I'll deliver the mowchine,let's see if Jeff 'gives' it up? [BTW I get $1 per mi.rountrip via FRED'S house!!I gotta see what green grass and RAIN looks like again!] dlc

Kent you can have my share of the hitch. Dlc's mileage charge is a bit steep. However if you are hard up to mow grass the offer is still open to come to Wisconsin
and you have a choice of two tractors to use and then try Fred's. And then you can bring hitch. Oh well now I have to go and mow my grass again. Just did it Monday. This hot weather just makes it unscew out of the ground. For the record I did mention Pow R Max.
See Ya

What's the prize for this game of Trivial Pursuit?

I'd guess it's a Pintle Hook for the 4040/4041/Pow'r Max line. I can see that they'd be useful as a "tug" for moving light private airplanes, pulling luggage carts, power/AC carts, etc. Even these tractors wouldn't have the weight or torque to move big airplanes -- try pulling 300,000 to 500,000 pounds....

Karl_Brandt
OK - winner will have to drive the 75th all around the country to show people what a "real" garden tractor is all about. DLC volunteers to ride shotgun and do the barbequeing! And print out the club list and visit each member to sign the hood for the special occasion! :0)

Sounds good to me Jeff....When are Kent and myself coming down to pick er' up? Probably on 2/30/00? dlc