Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Tractor Hauler

Alltractoredup

Finally made the decision to buy a newer truck.  I have been a GMC/Chevy guy my whole life but the orange Rams are really nice.  

My wife made a good point that pulling up in a bright orange truck to buy an Allis or Simplicity will seriously hurt my negotiating chances...haha

7.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 2

Nice truck but I would of Painted a Chevy ? 

I worked for a landscaper who had Dodge's, nothing but trouble . Just my $.02

Edited by 720nut
  • Sad 1

I still have my 2002 GMC Sierra Quadrasteer, 284k mile and still runs excellent, that was going to be painted orange, but life is very busy now so taking on big projects is more stressful than fun. The Dodge has far more cab room than my Sierra so that was an important improvement.  Hopefully the Dodge is strong like my Sierra

1 hour ago, 720nut said:

Nice truck but I would of Painted a Chevy ? 

I worked for a landscaper who had Dodge's, nothing but trouble . Just my $.02

Dad had a 90's Dodge truck and the automatic transmission went out at around 100,000 miles. Had a 2000's Dodge truck and same thing happened to that. He went back to Ford after that.

Wife has a 05 Dodge truck that she has used and abused with around 200,000 miles on it. Only real problems its had is wiring problems. A common problem complained about it seems . Has to do with corrosion in the connections at the firewall. Heard this from other friends that own different Dodge and Chrysler products with some age on them. Havnt heard if either of thee problems have continued beyond the 2000's into the teens or not.

58 minutes ago, fishnwiz said:

They are no longer called Dodge. ..Just Ram...Fiat B|

Yeah yeah yeah...but it 'll always be a Dodge to me...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My biggest concern was Dodge's issues with their trannys for years.  Seems they have fixed it from being common problem.  Electrical scares me with all makes and models.  Damn vehicles these days are so electronically reliant that one little electrical issue causes overall big problems

On the wifes 05 its the window wipers that have the electrical gremlins. Didnt do it till the last 4 years or so.  When you want them to work, sometimes they just wont come onsm00. Other times when you dont need them, and the switch is in the off position..... they just start up and run a few swipes.O.o

That is odd....I thought the same about my wipers until dealership said there are sensors that sense for rain. Wipers increase and decreases the speed automatically

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Gilmer
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts