Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower crooked

GWGAllisfan

Ok, so what could cause the mower to hang crooked all of a sudden.

what I have is a gthl 17 with the standard 48 mower deck. Just recently I’ve noticed the left side doesn’t ride on the rollers anymore. The lift is fully down. One of the front tires is a bit slack, but not much. If you jack up the entire front, it has to get about 2-3” off the ground before the rollers touch on their own.

Judging by the running boards and the distance other rear wheels, just by eye, it seems to be hanging straight. The turn buckles at the front are the same. 

What could this be. How to check and fix?

I once mis-pinned the front of the deck on one side - the pin was below the arm.  That caused the deck to hang crooked.  I’m embarrassed to say I Mowed a bit before I noticed.  

I'm not sure how I can get pictures that show much, will try though.

It's almost like it's twisted. I haven't hit anything hard enough to do that, I think.

I can check that I have the front attachment pins on correctly. That's one thing I didn't check. Maybe pull the pin on the high side and see what happens.

The lift cable has slack in it. the deck should be solidly  on the ground

It is truly an odd mystery. Maybe Saturday I can really take the time to try to see what's happening.

Another possible cause would be if one of the threaded studs on the bail (#13) has broken or one of those pins has come out of #5.

I can't seem to get the page of the IPL to post.  Sorry.

Edited by ShaunE

Added some pictures, but they don’t show much. Hard to get an angle. You can almost see how the roller is off the ground.

this is real mystery

0FD053D0-6C8A-4FF6-B3A6-E20E03FA870C.jpeg

48FC9725-57B9-465D-A141-B2466D551995.jpeg

305C6DB4-4A00-4C5A-ABD3-58A8AD9D60B1.jpeg

6AD1BC6B-3C4E-4A72-B024-B9B5EAF94A65.jpeg

You might have to take the deck off and check it over.  As mentioned above, I have had one of the threaded studs that the clevis screws on to break before.