Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

E-Z Rake setup on Allis 917

Alltractoredup

Here is my status of hooking up my ez rake.  I want to use a snowblower hitch and the rear PTO setup just like the late model Sovereign 18's.  

Couple issues:

1.  BGB setup spins opposite way that ez rake is setup for.  I dont think that will hinder performance.  I will attach some sort of deflector on the back so the thatch is not blowing up under the tractor.

2.  The mule drive setup might be challenging.  There is not a whole lot of room to work with for the belt and extra pulleys, but I think its doable.  Any ideas?

20190503_203656.jpg

20190503_203704.jpg

20190503_203950.jpg

20190503_204011.jpg

20190503_204305.jpg

Edited by Alltractoredup

Eric had one for sale a few years back and I tried it on my 7100 series.  The longer frame and different PTO setup didn't work out so well.  He had it on a 3400 series and had no issues.  On the 7100 series, the way it all hooked up and ran did not allow for enough movement up and down.  So it would dig in if there was any significant slope (think ditch, gully, hill, etc) in other words it did not float enough to be usable.  As I was just trying it out to see how it might work, and it wasn't mine, I sure wasn't going to start hacking on it to modify it.  Perhaps a modified hitch might work? 

1 hour ago, Brettw said:

Perhaps a modified hitch might work? 

I'm thinking that's a necessity.  It almost looks like an intermediate hitch is missing.  Maybe have to build something - maybe an old 2 pulley snowblower hitch could be modified?