Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What's this hitch fit?

Brettw

Not sure if anyone recognizes this front blade hitch for a specific model / series, or if it's a home-made one off?  If it's a custom fabrication, it's going on the scrap iron pile.  If it fit's some rare setup and someone can use it, I want to make sure I don't scrap it and get it in their hands.  The one hooked up to the blade is a standard large frame hitch.  This "odd" one has a double tab on each side, is shorter and has a very different lift bracket angle.  Small frame maybe?

IMG_4957.JPG

I have one like that. I believe it is from the early models like 700/ 725, but the extra mounting tabs are added. Mine doesn’t have those. They definitely don’t work on the later models. 

Looks like a modified FDT hitch where the front was shortened up.  

I say that because it looks very similar to this bent hitch I acquired many years ago: 

SimpHitch_002.jpg.cd655c80f0799149c6054df9e5d1bda6.jpg

SimpHitch_003.jpg.46c45e001e4ac91cd312f04197864686.jpg

SimpHitch_006.jpg.1f5746fa167e4158daa442e9437b73d2.jpg

Well, it didn't get scrapped but ended up going with a guy for his small frame.  He might have to do some fabrication, but better than the scrap pile.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• ShaunE
    • SmilinSam
    • a_sannine
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts