Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Nubian

D/A or Sunstar 60" mower belt

Nubian

While repairing my deck and taking my sweet time to do it over the winter. I cannot remember how to route the belt w/o removing parts. Nothing in manual about bit either just a diagram of the route. What am I missing?

wwbragg

Lower the deck all the way down and remove the covers,  Release the tension on the idler with a long screw driver or breaker bar and pull the belt off one of the pullies.  Once the belt is free from one pulley, you can let go of the idler and remove the belt from the other pulleys.  

To install the new belt, route it as shown in the diagram but make the idler the last step. Move the idler with the screw driver, slip the belt over and release the idler so that tension is now applied on the belt.  Remove the spark plug wires and turn the blades by hand a couple of revolutions to make sure it is on correctly.  Good luck.

Nubian

Now I almost lost my NEW belt, gear drive pulley sitting lower than center pulley and jumps off. I loosened that gear drive bracket to install belt and reinstalled in same location. How do I realign pulleys?

wwbragg

Are the pics upside down???  Didn't load correctly??  Here is a picture of the parts list for the model 1691339.  You say you loosened the gear drive bracket.  Do you mean the un-numbered part I have circled?  When you reassembled, was the deck sitting flat on the ground?  

deck 3.png

Edited by wwbragg
Forgot to attach pic

Nubian

No they are not upside down, top picture camera was at an angle and I do have the FSM. Yes the circled part, I removed the the 4 front bolts and loosened the the rears and pivoted up just enough the slide belt through. Had the hardest time realigning front mounting holes until I stood deck up, then it was a breeze, however I did slam the deck down a little while lowering it back down before tightening everything back up. Pictures are from both sides of deck, will take more pictures this morning.

thanks for sticking with me 🙂

Edited by Nubian