Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MrSteele

Discharge Chute??

MrSteele

I recently learned that my deck is missing a discharge chute. Does anyone have a pic of one that I might fabricate by. Dimensioning should not be required, since I will simply have to build to suit the discharge. I have a 65 Landlord with a 42" deck

wwbragg
50 minutes ago, MrSteele said:

missing a discharge chute

Are you sure it is missing??  The parts (model no 990190) list doesn't show that it ever existed.  I just bought a new one for my Husqvarna and haven't installed it yet.  would you like a picture of that??

As for fabrication, I would suggest you start with a hinge on top of the deck at the discharge area so you can pull it up and out of the way when necessary.  But you probably already thought of that.

fishnwiz

While the chute serves as an added safety feature,  a lot of guys remove them because they can be a pain in the backside. The chute serves to deflect any rocks or objects that you may happen to run over. If your risk of running over debris is small, the chute may not be a high priority item.

Chute deflectors do come up on ebay, Craigslist or maybe on this site if you really want to aquire one...that's up to you.

MrSteele

I am trying to keep most of the trash off the rear wheel. I regularly remove the deflectors on my decks, or pin them so they do not impede the removal of the clippings from under the deck. If this chute is one of those, thanks for the knowledge, but, I will continue without one. I did not repaint the wheel this time, because keeping it clean is impossible. Thought a chute might improve that. I cut too much tall grass to have one of those fine deflectors that make a lawnmower "safe"

• Like 1

ShaunE

If you have the "Bolt-Together" deck, there is no chute that I've ever found.  If you have the "Stamped" deck, then keep looking as they do come around quite often as stated above.

• Like 1