Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Big Ideas...

LBS

Hi, I have a number of [6 or 8] near new Eaton single wheel reduction gear hydros out of zero turns. They have a small mtg ear broken off the case. Not even used in most applications. Two of these and a vertical shaft engine would make a slick crawler or 4 or 6 or 8 wheeler. Food for thought. Al Eden

Hay Guys, Its raining today, and i've bean out in the shed, thinking… How ‘bout a Simplicity Bobcat? I would fiddle around with the differentials of two Hydro transmissions to make one only drive the left wheel and the other one drive the right wheel. Then I would bolt the two transmissions together so there was about 4 inches between the tires. Then the rear one would drive the left rear wheel and the front one would drive the right front wheel. So I would have to weld sprockets on the rims kind of like go-carts and put a chain around the two sprockets on the left side and the two on the right side. Then I would put my 10 Hp Kohler in there and put a cab and bucket on and go play! Anyone else ever think of that? Does anyone have any transmissions I could have for a small price or for trade for a just rebuilt 16 Hp Briggs out of a landlord (early 80s?)

Hi Al, How much would you want for those? also where do you live/how heavy are thay? Are they as strong as the simplicity ones? I would probably be hard on somthing like that(knowing myself :) Lawrence