Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Running boards on FDT

Uncle_Bob

I’ve done some searching regarding adding running boards to a FDT. I would like to explore this option more. I was in a bad car accident years ago which, along with my occupation (logging contractor) has damaged discs and vertebrae. I’d like to be able to reposition my feet here and there to cut down on numbness. I don’t want to compromise the originality of the tractor at all. I would modify the running boards/footrests if I had to. Is Homelite bolt on? Any pics?

sorry for the rant,

John

Lots of discussion fitting and using Allis made Homelite running boards on the 200 series tractors. Plug in"FDT running board" "running boards" "Homelite running boards" etc in the search area at top right on the homepage.   @SmilinSam and @GregB have direct experience of conversions. 

Examples of quick search  results

Thanks, I missed the second link u sent me saw the other 2 in my search. Even if I got a foot or so back from the stock foot placement it would help. I don’t think I would need to go back to fender deck. Been a long time since I’ve been on a B series. Grown some since then.

2C0E15DA-E77B-495E-AF5D-B546E1DB7B60.jpeg

• Like 3

IF the old site was still up there were lots of pics there.

I still have the loader with the Homie blue running boards (until i sell it hopefully soon -_-)

I an post some pics if you want to see.

• Like 1

Here are some pics of my 707 mods:

The running boards themselves came from an old Craftsman but are installed on the opposite side as original.

side.jpg

boys.jpg

57e062b4a586a_runningboard.jpg.6ad92390df55a1ff8269006b045cc4ab.jpg

57e062b47c63b_frontbracket.jpg.37298132acf6b171f6b4ac917772b1cb.jpg

57e062b48f5bb_rearbracket.jpg.2b1cf89bfbd7462bff947676a36072bb.jpg

Edited by wwbragg
expansion
  • Like 2

Cool, I’d appreciate the pics. Like u said they’re unavailable when I searched. I’d even bolt some on temporarily from a rbt and modify the boards if possible. Thanks for responding 

I have a set off of a Homelite that I bought years ago, that I would sell. Would have to have what I paid for them plus shipping. If interested send me private message.  I may have the rubber pieces that glue on them, not sure if I got them with them when I bought them. Thanks

5B3DDB6E-64F8-4D35-92C7-F34BBB7F66C2.jpeg

• Like 1

Here are pics I snapped.  Ignore all the junk on the boards, still finishing engine swap.

I did have to slot the board as I did not have the levers and such from the Homelite.

Worked out OK I thought. Certainly fills up the loader frame so feet cannot slip past.

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1427.JPG

• Like 2

Mike, very functional setup. Is there any existing holes to bolt to (other than factory footrests) in the tunnel? 

The rear of the “boards” were supported by 1” x 3/16” x 6”  galvanized ‘L’ brackets from Fleet Farm, bolted to exiting fasteners on rear of tunnel.

On 5/14/2019 at 10:18 AM, Uncle_Bob said:

has damaged discs and vertebrae.

You might also want to invest in a set of later tractor seat hinges and springs.  Not much, but IMO, a big improvement over the B seat bolted to the seat pan with little rubber isolators.