Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 3416H getting restored

a_sannine

Wondering what paint you ended up using.  When I did a restore on one about 6 years ago, it was very hard to find a match.  And I see different colors on these hoods.  Some are nearly white, some are a very hard to describe off white gray / green ...........I don't know.  The stuff I found was an off brand called Desert Beige.  I bought what they had (3 cans I think) and then it wasn't carried any more.  My SIL has that tractor and the remaining paint.  The one I am working on now I think I will be leaving original, but am still curious on what you found to use, because it looks very good!  Pics are of the one I restored about 6 years ago, and the one I am working on now.

parts tractor 005.JPG

IMG_5073.JPG

• Like 1

The filter housing u see in pic is a brand new oem that I  had in my stash for over 20 years , I took it with me  all over the place trying to match , best match is this from Lowe’s , very close to the original color that were still intact under lights .

hey thanks for sharing I like ur machine 

456B3951-947C-4C74-841B-9B9A60721734.jpeg

I think I used Rustoleum pewter gray on my 3310 and 3415 hoods. Got to repaint the headlight bucket on the 3310 . Hit something and scraped a big spot off...wah