Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mcd

Citation XT ZT

mcd

Purchased a Citation XT 52" ZT over the weekend. After paying up I realized the mower had 5 hours on it and then after coming home I realized it was a 2017. I was under the impression it was a 2019 with 0 hours on it. Should I be upset that I paid full retail price for a 2 year old mower that had likely been demoed or is this normal? 

rich_kildow

I would be, especially if you know the price you paid was in line with 2019 floor models.  I'd go back armed with comparable pricing on demo models for that year.

• Like 1

mcd

@rich_kildowThanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I can't find any ZTs anywhere online that match what I bought. Most are either brand new (0 hours) or used with 50+ hours. Would you consider 5 hours to be minimal enough to be sold as new or should it be sold as a demo model?

GregB

Model years would mean little to me, unless the made a big design change for improvements.

There are a couple of places on the web that list "list price by year"

Did they give you a warranty as a new mower sale? or a 90 day used warranty?

mcd
55 minutes ago, GregB said:

Model years would mean little to me, unless the made a big design change for improvements.

There are a couple of places on the web that list "list price by year"

Did they give you a warranty as a new mower sale? or a 90 day used warranty?

New mower warranty. I don't know of any changes between 2017 and 2019. I was just under the impression it was 2019. I could have got a practically identical Ferris 2019 for the same price.

Brettw

Was it represented as a 2019?  If you paid for a 2019 and paid 2019 prices, I would be upset.  If not, I would think that's kind of in your court.  When you were buying the year was never mentioned or the fact it had 5 hours on it?  Maybe call the dealer and ask them straight up about it, and explain you are a bit unhappy.  See if they step up and work with you, unless it was already less than a new 2019 model.