Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 7119

john

I'm looking for a garden tractor, and came across a Simplicity 7119 that's for sale. I'm not familiar with Simplicity, but from what I've read from this site, it has a lot of fans.

The tractor will be used for mowing 2 acres of lawn, snowblowing and maybe I'll add a tiller for a 30'x30' garden.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I hope it's better than the 17 HP version which had oiling/rod problems! But I have to say the only one of those 7119's I ever had ran great!And you can only get it with hyrdo/hydro lift...made from '80-'86,only hand lifts were 7112,7114. correct Mr. Nemes?

Bob, I've had 7119 for 2 years. Great machine.
The one you found:
Does it have a Hydrostatic transmission ?(no clutch)Should say 7119H
Hydraulic lift ?
What equipment comes with it ? attachments ain't cheap
Does it run ? Have you driven it ? starts OK, moves around OK,
no mysterious noises ????
Looks ? Does it look like it's be neglected and/or abused ?
Price ? A 7119H, w/mower, tiller, snowblower,kept inside, all in perfect
shape can run around 4 grand or so.
Hope this helps,
Ford

Some of the original KT series did have some problems but the KT Series II resolved them. I beleive 7117 was available with either for a while and than 7117 and 7119 came standard with the hydro lift. It is very nice to have with a thrower, snow plow or tiller - not needed just for mowing though.

Bob,
I bought a 7117H this season. It is a great machine...
It is a 1982 and has one of the last pressurized spray KT-17's. I assume that Kohler moved away from the spray system to the Series II Full Pressure lubrication system due to the problems mentioned above. As far as I know, mine has never been apart and runs great and uses no oil.
The engine manual I have states that KT-19's with Specification numbers lower than 49199 are early pressurized spray engines. 49200 and up are the Series II engines....Just something else to consider.

Jeff H.