Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Too many tractors?

Hick

I know, compared to some of youse guys I'm a mere beginner!

But the Wife Unit says I have too many lawn tractors. I don't know what she means; I have one for every purpose!

John Deere 216 for rear ripper / blade work in summer, snowblower in winter.
John Deere 210 for dozer work.
Deutz-Allis 1920 for general utility work.
John Deere X540 for mowing the lawn.

The 216 was the lawn mower from 1998 through 2017.
20190524_113045.thumb.jpg.a969c4041ced5d1fca65bc2db96d5011.jpg
Edited by Hick

8 seems to be my magic number. Cant seem to get the number down below that...and I dont end up using the ones over 8.....

• Like 1

If I owned only one Simp among my tractors, it would be the one dedicated to mowing. My brother bleeds green, and even he will admit my old Sovereigns mow better than his green machines.  

• Like 5

The 1920 had a 60" deck that I had hoped to fix up. It was badly rusted and I didn't have the time.  After I bought the X540 I hauled the Deutz deck off to the scrappers. 

Too many tractors? Mine complains about too many yard cutting devices! She has no idea that I am picking up another Yazoo on Tuesday...And if I wanted her to know....That will make 3 Yazoos that I can use, all walk behind, 2 self propelled. You cannot own too may of them. One can have too many Cub Cadets, or too many John Deere, but you need more than one of each of them so you can repair one and use the one you repaired last

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Actually The John Deere 210 rim mower deck is rated at 1,160 mm which is one of the bigger diameters available for the lawn mowers. And for dozer work, Deere 210 is wonderful choice. You should convince your wife 

13 hours ago, SamBr said:

Actually The John Deere 210 rim mower deck is rated at 1,160 mm which is one of the bigger diameters available for the lawn mowers. And for dozer work, Deere 210 is wonderful choice. You should convince your wife 

John Deere salesman?

Edited by dhoadley
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

"Too many tractors?"

This question seems to come up every so often, and I can't remember once when someone answered, "yes".  Sort of like asking does 2 + 2 = 5?  No matter how many times you might question it, the answer's always the same.   Now, if our wives were to join the forum............

Edited by Brettw
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brettw said:

"Too many tractors?"

This question seems to come up every so often, and I can't remember once when someone answered, "yes".

Yes or no is really relative. For me its relative to space ...and that only applies to a particular part of a building. At the moment I have too many....to fit in the storage part of the shed. So, the excess spills over into the shop this winter...got 4 in the shop now(though they all do need some shop time)...6 more in the other part of the shed, along with a truck and a car and, and , and...

Might be picking up some more of these car dollies. Finding them SUPER handy when trying to make a little work space among the residents...

medium.DSCN2505.JPG.d6856b5197eeba0c4829

• Like 5

There is a simple 2 part answer to the original question.....first and most important...the answer is No...you can never have too many tractors...it does not need any explaining...it is just a self evident truth...but the second part of the answer is that most wives, for whatever crazy reason.....just don't want them around....does any one else remember the Little Rascals' He Man Woman haters club?...My wife started something like that...it is the She women tractor haters club

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SmilinSam said:

At the moment I have too many....to fit in the storage part of the shed.

Sounds like you need a bigger dedicated tractor shed to me.  666

• Like 2

I don’t complain about my wife’s fabric purchases and she doesn’t complain (much) about my tractor purchases, as long as things don’t spill out into the yard where she can see them. But after 39 years we’ve done pretty well adjusting to each other’s foibles. 
i have somewhere beyond thirty in various states of repair and running. 

Edited by simplewrench
  • Like 6

I have thirteen tractors , eleven in very good running condition , two future projects, as long as my wife gets a nice vacation each year,  she supports my tractor addiction.

• Like 4

On 12/18/2020 at 9:38 AM, simplewrench said:

But after 39 years we’ve done pretty well adjusting to each other’s foibles. 

My congratulations.  What shouldn't really be all that great of an accomplishment, unfortunately is nowadays.  Happy for you both, well done!  Carry on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2019 at 7:53 PM, MrSteele said:

Too many tractors? Mine complains about too many yard cutting devices! She has no idea that I am picking up another Yazoo on Tuesday...And if I wanted her to know....That will make 3 Yazoos that I can use, all walk behind, 2 self propelled. You cannot own too may of them. One can have too many Cub Cadets, or too many John Deere, but you need more than one of each of them so you can repair one and use the one you repaired last

hey now don't be hating on cubs the lo boy is nicer looking then most of the AC and Simplicity international knows hot to make a tractor but now they aren't so good because mtd owns them

On 12/18/2020 at 9:23 AM, PhanDad said:

Sounds like you need a bigger dedicated tractor shed to me.  666

What I need is a whole nother place to take and just get away from the women that I have to share this one with.....

• Like 1