Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Rylan's legacy

Gave the sovereign a bath today

SmilinSam

Looks nice, alot better than my Prestiges. They are currently colored in earth tones..bathed in mud.  A growing percentage of my mowing is now perpetually under water.Several section cant even be driven over.

fishnwiz

I actually was stuck in mud up the the deck on my mower. ...had to break out the ATV to push the mower out of the mud....what a mess.

• Like 1

MrSteele

Am I the only person who gives his toys a pseudo regular bath? I give the machines a liberal dose of Purple Power, open a beer and let them soak a while, then hose them off. If you leave full strength Purple Power on too long, it will etch or completely remove the paint. Someone learned that the hard way a long time ago... My old customers like the idea of bringing their toys to me to work on. I hate working in slime, so I wash before doing anything else. Their toys come back looking nearly new.

Good looking tractor wash job! The machine is happier when it is clean.

fishnwiz
3 hours ago, MrSteele said:

My old customers like the idea of bringing their toys to me to work on. I hate working in slime, so I wash before doing anything else. Their toys come back looking nearly new.

Same here.

• Like 1

irvtoms

in nw illinios we are sopped. cant mow anywhere w/o leaving tracks.= or in mud.

i have a super wash abou 600 ft from the shop. have to visit it twice a week

after blowing off the grass. then a quick detail. then mow, repeat. when will the

rain end ? this is the ps mower i rebuilt and put my 48" deck on. would be nice to mow in the dry.

have about 2 hrs mowing each time . neighbor has a good sized lawn.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

• Like 1

Rfp55

Been using an aluminum deck push mower more this year than the last 25 years combined. Makes you sleep well. Ground felt squishy yesterday, I wear 50 year old HS football shoes to aerate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

jlasater

While they sure look purtty after a bath, I can't get myself to hose tractors down much for fear of getting water in the electrical system and various bearings. Good blow-off with an air nozzle works for me.

irvtoms
20 hours ago, jlasater said:

While they sure look purtty after a bath, I can't get myself to hose tractors down much for fear of getting water in the electrical system and various bearings. Good blow-off with an air nozzle works for me.

problem is--cant blow off mud or muddy water. ibow and wipe everything right after

and elevate the tractor for runoff. usually not rinsed under the hood area.