Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rbstuartjr

Sovereign hydro filter

rbstuartjr

Hi all, so I’m going to change the hydro oil and filter for my Sovereign that I purchased this past winter. I used the chains with the tires when using the snowblower and it rubbed the paint off the filter. It has 23x10.5 x12 tires on it. I am going to use Tractor supply premium hydrofluid which does say its compatible with the sunstrand hydro. So which filter to get, I see the most popular are the wix 51335 or 51068. I understand the smaller one will make it whine more but will clear the chains. If you think the 51068 will clear the chains I will probably go with that one. This machine will do more snow blowing than mowing for me. I appreciate the help .

RayS

The 51068 filter will not clear the chains and is used as a remote filter behind the bevel gear box. 51335 will clear the tires. 51307 is a little longer than the 51335 filter and will clear the chains as well and does not make the hydro whine like the 51335.

• Like 1