Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

LED headlights for 7016

AC710

Hi everyone

Has anyone found LED lights that can replace the headlight pods inside the hood on the 700/7000 tractors?  Or, alternatively,  replacement lenses  or effective lens polishing kits and gaskets for the OEM  bases. I am working on a 7016 and the lenses are so hazy that light hardly gets through. The bases are in good shape but the gaskets and lenses, not so much. (this pic is not my tractor, but I hope it looks something like this when I'm done)

8b3e931e09acdc8ecaaef5a5152c4110.jpg

Keep your eyes peeled for some 4000 or 5000 series tractors.  They used the same lens, but sometimes they were made out of glass and not plastic.  I believe some Case tractors used the same lens, but made out of glass also.

1 hour ago, TimJr said:

some Case tractors used the same lens

I did find new replacement lenses, both plastic and glass. They seem to be common to many Case tractors, once you find the right part number. It is  Speaker 780 (plastic) and  Speaker 777 (glass). The plastic ones are  $8.33 from casetractorparts.com and the glass ones are $40 each from Case/Ingersoll .!

I would still like to find some LED's that could be adapted to fit the 3"x 4" rectangles in the grille.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bill725 said:

I purchased 2 sets of led replacement bulbs from Farm & Fleet.

The LED replacement bulbs are readily available now that they are becoming popular. 

When looking at these lenses, I see they are a diffuser type of lens appropriate for parking lights or marker lights. I shined a very bright LED flashlight through them and it turned a nice beam into a fuzzy dim glow (and they're really not THAT cloudy). The glass ones look better but they are too rich for my pocketbook. I am hoping to find more of a headlight type of beam. I mounted some round tractor work lights from NAPA on my 710, - B-series style outside the hood. I use it for snowplowing often in the dark. I don't see how the stock 7016 lights would hold a candle  :<) to those, even with LED bulbs.

I will do a search of the local sources and report back. I think I'm looking for an adapted thing and I can fabricate a mounting bracket.

20190416_104000_resized.jpg

After visiting NAPA and a few other sources for LED's, I didn't have much success. LED bulbs that fit the OEM lights are available most anywhere, but I don't think they are any brighter than the originals, so the benefit would only be in power usage. There are a lot of fog and driving lights out there, but nothing I could find of a size or shape that could be easily adapted to the grille holes and mounting screws. And the prices I found are in the $90 EACH range. Some on line are more reasonable - $40 a pair - but still don't fit. I was hoping for something that could fit up against the grille from behind, but things are either too small or way too big with no reasonable mounting option to make them look original-ish. Dang!

I am looking for a set of LEDs that will fit into a 2 1/2" hole cut into my grille by a PO, to install back up lights from a 67 GTO. I either have to find another grille, make another grille put the GTO lights back in, one of which is busted, or find an LED that will fit the hole with a flange to hid the rough cuts. I thought the easy way would be the LEDs, til I started looking for some. Anybody know a good source? I really want to aggravate the neighbors with a light brighter than a sunny day!

1 hour ago, MrSteele said:

I am looking for a set of LEDs that will fit into a 2 1/2" hole cut into my grille by a PO, to install back up lights from a 67 GTO. I either have to find another grille, make another grille put the GTO lights back in, one of which is busted, or find an LED that will fit the hole with a flange to hid the rough cuts. I thought the easy way would be the LEDs, til I started looking for some. Anybody know a good source? I really want to aggravate the neighbors with a light brighter than a sunny day!

AUXBEAM makes awesome lights. My son bought the 20 inch and lit the neighbor up the street! LOL

Do these housings take 1156 bulbs? There are a bunch of LED 1156 replacements that advertise 2 or 3 time the lumens of an 1156. My 2000 Sovereign has NOS 4000 series lights on it, and I'm not impressed.

12 hours ago, AC716 said:

I plan to replace the ones on my AC716 with the flush mount backup bumper lights for pickups.

Do you have a part number, picture or source for these?

On 6/11/2019 at 9:16 PM, kwt said:

Do these housings take 1156 bulbs? There are a bunch of LED 1156 replacements that advertise 2 or 3 time the lumens of an 1156. My 2000 Sovereign has NOS 4000 series lights on it, and I'm not impressed.

Yes, they take 1156 bulbs, but one of the lenses is gone. The installer also put a separate switch on each light for some reason, cut 2 holes in the dash for switches. I have plugged those holes with black plastic hole covers, intend to put a switch where it belongs when I find a suitable light. Until then, the GTO lights go back into the holes. This rebuild has cost me plenty already....

On 6/16/2019 at 7:25 PM, AC716 said:

I plan to replace the ones on my AC716 with the flush mount backup bumper lights for pickups.

Those Auxbeam lights look like they might work. I want to mount them behind the grille for a similar look to the stock lights. Have you mounted yours yet ? It looks like they might be drilled between the holes so they would fit on the tractor's mounting screws

I found these at Walmart - $22.98 for the pair. I used the stock mounting studs and added a  rod coupling nut to make something to screw the housing into. I had to file a groove about 1/8 inch deep on each side of the lens to fit and drill two holes in the housing.

walmart lights.jpg

lights.jpg

light base.jpg

light housing.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LMichaels said:

Will be interesting to see if they hold up with all that heat so close to the muffler

True...and they are definitely of the plastic variety that would melt. I am keeping the original light pods so I can go back to OEM if desired. I can't decide whether to just mount the clear light modules or add the housing that would provide some insulation.

It's not an issue on this tractor because I plan to keep the "big boy" muffler and exhaust system from a PO.

fSimplicity_Tractor_with_snow_plow__199_S_5bacd8c4298e3.jpg