Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity deck help

Antlers170

Hello ..i have what is to be be believed as a 1964 landlord ..sharpening these blades are about done ..i need to put new ones on this ...does anyone have info on what this deck actually is far as part num ect ..its 42 1/2 inside width the blades are 14 1/2 ×2 1/2 ..and cant seem to find any that fit this ..any info would b greatly appreciated ..thanks ...ryan ..

20190603_154239.jpg

20190603_154219.jpg

20190603_155204.jpg

Probably a MFG# 990501 or 990544 deck or similar.  Here's the IPL for the  Arbor Assemblies:

image.thumb.png.e0a3ce054c98af8221da1799fe7357b8.png

Compared to some blades I've seen, there's plenty of meat left on yours based on the pics you posted.

But if you want new blades, they are part #108298.  A newer number is 1656144. 

There are also other equivalents - sometimes the center hole is smaller.  You don't use the center hole to bolt them on, but on older decks, there was weld bead left and the larger hole cleared it.  If you get replacement blades with a smaller center hole, you may have to grind the arbor bottoms flat.   

• Like 1

I was told by local dealer when I had my B10 with 42" deck that the blades were NLA. Same with the spindles. I found a NOS center spindle on EBay 2 years ago but my blades were so shot and I could not find any so I just sold the machine. Also the hydraulic lift parts I was told NLA. So after 28 years with the tractor I gave up and sold it. Now I have 2 tractors to do the work that one did so nicely LOL

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Call Brenda at Sandy Lake Implement, one of our advertisers https://www.sandylakeimp.com/locations.She will send you the new blades. I got a couple of sets from my local small engine parts shop. They are aftermarket, and not as thick as Simplicity blades. I always keep a sharp set hanging around so that changing blades does not mean take one off, sharpen and replace

• Like 2