Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wiscogus

Simplicity Powermax wont stay running

wiscogus

I am helping a good friend with his Simplicity Powermax. The tractor will start and run, however it dies within a few seconds after starting. It will run longer with the choke pulled out slightly. Tractor has the 19.5hp Onan CCKA-MS engine. At one point in time an aftermarket electric fuel pump was added as they thought it wasn't getting enough fuel. 

We also recently replaced the Marvel carb with a NOS replacement but the tractor still runs the same. 

Where should go from here? Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks! 

ShaunE

Does it run smoothly for the few seconds or rough.  I guess I'd start by looking into the fuel delivery system.  From tank all the way to the carb.  Tank, lines, filter, pump output.

• Like 1

Alltractoredup

Same as mentioned above, as well as, check the pressure output of fuel.  It seems pressure should be around 3-4 psi.

jlasater

If it has a feed/return system like on the later 9020's, disconnect the return line and run the electric pump and see if you get fuel coming out. If it is similar, I have seen the suction and return lines swapped which means it will just pull air.