Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-112 Serial Number Start?

GardenTrACtorguy

I have been reading around on the forum and have not found the answer.  I have an Allis B-112 that I believe was sold at a former Allis Chalmers  dealer 10 miles from home.  I was wondering if my serial number was  low for the tractor production. I realize that Allis and Simplicity did not list serial numbers to find them out but I was wondering if anyone knew.  It is an early model with push button start with serial number 016102.  

b112 serial plate.jpg

b112 trailer.jpg

I guess it all depends on one's definition of "low serial number".  Based on this parts list, I'd say no.

image.thumb.png.b069caceecaba5478ee4143d8a6644c1.png

I say this because your serial number is above the spec break serial number (15428), so your tractor is in the second "batch" of B-112s - so your tractor is the 675th made of the second "batch" (assuming they didn't skip any numbers).  

The break for the push button to key-switch ignition was at 20001. I think the serial numbers may have started at 10000. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys!  I did not know if they started at 16000 (That that was an odd idea).  Write before I wrote this I also that that my number was 10102. but the extra zero was a six lol.

58 minutes ago, Chris727 said:

The break for the push button to key-switch ignition was at 20001.

A mind like a steel trap!  

image.thumb.png.bc5889b75640526f92b94658dd2024e9.png

On 6/9/2019 at 10:29 PM, PhanDad said:

A mind like a steel trap!  

image.thumb.png.bc5889b75640526f92b94658dd2024e9.png

Ha, I just pulled it from the parts catalog. I was actually surprised that the front axle changes came prior to the electrical system changes. I had previously thought these changes all occurred at the same point during production. 

I would have to look.  The early models have serial number breaks that are denoted in the b series manuals.  Most puck up at a round number after the end if the prior model. I am not sure about the later Bs. 

Haha...I guess most of the serial number info is shown above 🤦‍♂️

For starting serials Michael Wells and I have tried for ages to keep finding lower examples to debunk our previous theories on starting numbers.  He actually had what we believe was the first B of them all. B-1, 1001