Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Mumbly

What do I have?

powermax_paul
Congrats Mumbly, You have a great tractor there. Once you get that carb fixed and see what it can do, you'll be looking for a second and third .... tractor. Attachments for a Simplicity Powermax 4040/4041/9020 and AC616/620/720, should fit it depending on your setup. MPH is right, surf this site and search on the discussion threads. You'll find a lot of useful information. Have fun, Powermax Paul Paul

Mumbly
I've been told I have a 1977 Allis Chamers made by Simplicity. It has an 19.5hp Onan motor with a Carb that is missing parts. Onan wants $300.00 for a new Carb. Can anybody do better on price? The tractor looks like a Simplicity 9020 that I saw on ebay. I'm new to this so any help will be apprecaited. thanks Mumbly

MPH
Sound like you got a AC720 or 620 with a CCKB onan. Try giving Sandy Lake or one of the other club sponsers a call for a used Carb. You did score a fairly hi dollar tractor there and if its in generally good condition otherwise the ouch of a 300 dollar carb wouldn't be a waste of money..MPH If you spend some time on the link given above you'll most likely see what you have on there, try the gallery or the AC link for a sat afternoon ride..