Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

720nut

LOOK, it followed me home today

Recommended Posts

720nut

20hp , power steering, front and rear hydraulics 48" mower deck and front and rear weight brackets and 9 Simplicity weights

Oh forgot it has a beautiful seat.

DSCN3135.JPG

DSCN3134.JPG

DSCN3136.JPG

DSCN3137.JPG

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SmilinSam
1 hour ago, fishnwiz said:

Has the world stopped spinning?? Just like a twilight zone episode. .Lloyd with a SUNSTAR?...What's up with that.?{}

I dont know how it is for Lloyd, but  for me , the cheaper a tractor gets, the more beautiful it becomes....:J

 

besides,  I'd been interested just for all the suitcase weights it has with itdOd

Edited by SmilinSam
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnwiz
7 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

I dont know how it is for Lloyd, but  for me , the cheaper a tractor gets, the more beautiful it becomes....:J

 

besides,  I'd been interested just for all the suitcase weights it has with itdOd

That could explain why Lloyd bought it in the 1st place.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
720nut

Price was right and if ya remember I told everyone if right one came along I'd buy and show ya'll how one should look. Still butt ugly

Sam as for weights they won't work on my pulling tractor so they and the brackets may be for sale, we'll wait and see.

I'm gunna give her a good bath , ( farmer owned) looks like leaks galore. Might even polish her up just to see ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
720nut
31 minutes ago, fishnwiz said:

That could explain why Lloyd bought it in the 1st place.

Mark been looking for one to do my transformation on , will probably have body panels for sale later if anyone is interested 

weights were the least of my interests but when he told me he had and price I couldn't pass them up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gwiseman
1 hour ago, 720nut said:

Price was right and if ya remember I told everyone if right one came along I'd buy and show ya'll how one should look. Still butt ugly

Sam as for weights they won't work on my pulling tractor so they and the brackets may be for sale, we'll wait and see.

I'm gunna give her a good bath , ( farmer owned) looks like leaks galore. Might even polish her up just to see ???

So did you keep a hood from a 900 series around???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
720nut
12 hours ago, gwiseman said:

So did you keep a hood from a 900 series around???

no I didn't , I got rid of everything but my Agco 2025 ,  the 900 was really not my choice but then again it probably won't happen till later this fall.

need time to collect pieces and determine which way I want to go.

Gave her a bath tonight and there's actually a tractor under all the crud.

anyone have a cheap front tire to fit ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShaunE
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:12 AM, 720nut said:

I'd buy and show ya'll how one should look.

I've been waiting for this moment.  Are you going to be looking for 616, 620 & 720 sheet metal now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
720nut
On 6/14/2019 at 1:19 PM, ShaunE said:

I've been waiting for this moment.  Are you going to be looking for 616, 620 & 720 sheet metal now?

Shaun , if I find one for the right price

New shoes on front, removed side shields and engine shields to find a lot of crud and a whole colony of mice . Packed in there so tight I'm suprised it even turned over little lone run.

pulled the plugs look like someone painted them black, have to repair cylinder head or find a new one as they stripped one plug and put a helicoil in it

 

DSCN3144.JPG

DSCN3143.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B10Dave

Lloyd; if the Heli Coil was installed properly it should be fine. Make sure to use the copper ( high heat ) never seize on the plug threads.

Edited by B10Dave
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
720nut
7 hours ago, B10Dave said:

Lloyd; if the Heli Coil was installed properly it should be fine. Make sure to use the copper ( high heat ) never seize on the plug threads.

Dave it came out with the plug, I reinstalled it with red locktite , may not hold but was running the way it was.

I'll either buy a new head or have friend weld hole shut and redrill it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MercerRec

Looks like the transformation is off the ground with new paint on the front wheels.  Also, I see twin hydro levers on that machine.  Nice option, assume its sorta rare as most only have the single port?  Never had a sunstar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
720nut
18 hours ago, MercerRec said:

Looks like the transformation is off the ground with new paint on the front wheels.  Also, I see twin hydro levers on that machine.  Nice option, assume its sorta rare as most only have the single port?  Never had a sunstar.

Yes has front and rear hydraulics. Only thing I find wrong is the ugly hood

was going to replace head and gasket but was told they were $153 each, ouch , if you can find them.  Head gaskets $25+ ea and motor mounts $17 ea. Becoming a very expensive toy real quick.

May end up being a candidate for a Predator swap, really not wanting to spend a lot on it but it has to be able to mow our properties up north every couple weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×