Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3 point trailer mover

wwbragg

I needed a 3 point trailer mover to hook up my landscape rake and to move the yard trailer.  The least expensive one I could find was $65 plus sales tax and shipping.  But I noticed that it looked similar to the tow receiver I had listed on craigslist for over 6 months.  Had it listed for $15 and never a nibble.  So I cut off the wings and added a center piece of 2 1/2" box channel I had left over and some flaps at the top.  I Bought a couple of hitch pins from TSC for $5 each and a 7/8 drill (for the hitch pins) but because of my rewards plan that ended up costing me zip.  I tack welded all the pieces together but my welding is still an undeveloped skill so I took it to the machine shop for final weld ($25).  The last pic is the final product mounted to my Mahindra.  So in total, I have $35 invested in what would have cost me - - probably over $100.  Pretty cool, eh?

hitch.jpg

00M0M_ayDKQMs5cLS_600x450.jpg

DSCF0984.JPG

DSCF0985.JPG

DSCF0986.JPG

DSCF0987.JPG

DSCF0988.JPG

DSCF0989.JPG

DSCF0990.JPG

DSCF0993.JPG

DSCF0994.JPG

• Like 5

It was more fun than chuckin' pumpkins..

Edited by wwbragg
Change simile.
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, wwbragg said:

It was more fun than chuckin' pumpkins..

And I didn't think ANYTHING was more fun than chunkin' pumpkins! d:)

nice rebuild, interested in the adjustability of the York rake , guess I never seen one like it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 720nut said:

adjustability of the York rake

The rake is a Black Boar landscape Rake intended for use behind an ATV  with a sleeve hitch.  It has an adjustment handle to raise and lower the rake but with the 3-point, the crank is no longer needed - and I don't have to dismount to lift the rake.  

What a cool re-purpose  Makes me wish I had pulled the almost new hitch off the Cherokee before I sent it to the yard.

21 hours ago, GregB said:

Makes me wish I had pulled the almost new hitch off the Cherokee before I sent it to the yard.

Well then, "We can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."

(Vizzini, from The Princess Bride)

Edited by wwbragg
spelling

• Who's Online (See full list)

• SmilinSam
    • wsherm
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts