Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
acjohn

410S engine

acjohn
I have a 410S I bought less the engine. The tractor and deck are in great shape. The crank had been turned ground and I couldn't go any smaller. I can't find a crank for less than $250. For a few bucks more I could do a complete repower. I made a template of a V-Twin and it looks like it will fit without any sheet metal modification. Any suggestions? I'm not concerned with the tractor having an original engine if i could find a 12-16 HP for a reasonable price.

jackcobb
I just picked up a 410 that I bought for the rear end. A spare for my 310 puller. It has an engine it.......I know nothing about it. It is less starter and carb. I'd take $100 for it if you are interested?

KenK
I bought a 15hp single kohler command out of a junked 1995 cub cadet, with electric front clutch for $150. I had to trim the lower part of the frame on my 410 a little. The biggest problem I had was getting the mounting holes correct.It runs very nicely,plenty of power and its pressure lubed so I don't have to worry about sidehills.