Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Stud Holes - I Believe

PhanDad

Today while dismantling the recently acquired 3310H hydro fan guard, I noticed what I believe are the holes for inserting winter studs into the tires.  Never noticed this feature before on any tractor tires I've come across, including my B-110 which still has the original rear tires (and I just looked to make sure CRS didn't strike).  

3310H_1.thumb.JPG.af91fa0c9ce199f5881e323fd4516c39.JPG

3310H_2.thumb.JPG.21d01af12b8d7e9c83da56df51afb6fc.JPG

I've seen the holes for years, but the idea they had a purpose never entered my mind....

• Like 2

I've seen them for as long as I can remember, and have even had some with worn studs in them come through here.  I'm not a big fan of studs myself, but I'm sure they have, or had, their application.  Since some states do not allow them on vehicles, most folks in those areas probably have no idea what they are anyway.  

I have a set with brand new studs in them.  It was a difficult task to get the tire shop to put them in as they flat out refused the first time I asked.  Only police, fire, EMS & rural postal carriers allowed in WI.  The second time I approached them I asked where a zamboni fit into those categories.  Needless to say they ended up studding them.

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• maxwood
    • gwiseman
    • PGL
    • andrew68
    • BLT
    • bradperc
    • AC710
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts