Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

KOHLER 20 hp propane ?

maxwood

Hello, On Craigslist near me is a kohler 20 hp  generator  from a motor home  For Sale $400  it is currently setup for propane . 

How hard would it be to convert back to Gasoline?  the engine has 200 hrs on it , would it be worth messing with? 

I would like to use the engine for a sovereign repower.

Thanks Ken in Mi

Any pictures?

If you could get the spec number, might be able to compare what is different to stock simplicity spec.

Cannot believe it would be too difficult.  Guessing throttle linkage might be different, carb and the regulator etc.

If you go that route I might be interested in the propane set-up............

Hello, so will the carb for propane  work for gasoline,  or will it need   to be changed?  I have not looked at the engine generator yet

Thank Ken in Middle

I would compare the IPLs of the CH20-64607 propane engine versus the CH20-64512 or 64536 versus the newer model CH640-3126 Simplicity spec engines side by side for example on a Xcel spreadsheet to see what is different.

• Like 1

Hello, So it appears that  LP \NG engines have a setup that uses a regular carb . the propane engines do not have a fuel pump.

This engine has had the oil drained and oil filter removed ? that makes me wonder  where it came from ? (flood )

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/grd/d/hastings-20-hp-kohler-propane-motor/6951810831.html

Thanks Ken in Mi

2 hours ago, maxwood said:

that makes me wonder  where it came from ? (flood )

Something not good definitely happened.  

Might be a $$$$ pit.