Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 712 Headlights

CHEETAH

Ive got a 712S model AC, the early model with the 4 small headlights. Where can I get replacements? Would the local dealer have them or are they obsolete? Thanks, John.

John, I have a 710 early model. I am in the process of developing a conversion kit that will allow someone to use readily available small MR16 type lamps. I work in the lighting industry and I have found a source for lampholders that will use standard twist and lock MR 16 lamps that you can buy at many outlets. I know WW Grainger stocks them for about $7 each. I have not priced them, but have been told that factory replacements of the double bayonet type lamps are about $40 each. If you don't find factory replacements and can wait for about another week, I think I will have a retrofit ready. I don't know what the cost is going to be yet, but I'm expecting it to be about $40 or so without lamps. Total cost to replace the factory lamps with this kit would be about $60-$70 for all 4 lamps. The look of the lamps is almost original and the light output is much brighter. Let me know if you have an interest.

Im going to call the local dealer but Im not really in a big rush that I need the headlights right away. Let me know what you come up with. John.

I recall (did a search and could not find it) that the small headlight were no longer available, and one of the sites sponsors had some for sale. Good Luck! Mike S.

Last fall my dealer could still get the little headlights for $20 each. Havn't asked lately.