Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower for 4041

StinKy

I have a chance to buy a 52" Snowblower for a 4041. It's in good shape and includes the manual for it. Asking $400 for it. I'm sure enough that SOMEDAY I'll have a 4041 or something in that series and see no harm in rounding up a few accessories beforehand. Is $400 about right for it?? Or is it a case of "whatever the market will bear"?? I personally dont see any "sticker-shock" in that price. There's lots of you 4041-ers out there and I would appreciate some opinions from your side of the fence. Dick

Get it home before he wakes up. There was one up in Minn last year the guy wouldn't come off $1000. One in Ohio where I got my 720, the guy got $800. I think 400 is a bargin.

That's exactly right, Jack. The going price for them are generally in the $750 - $1000 range. These are in good running condition, though. Can you see it hooked up and in action, Dick? Make sure it is complete with lift cylinder, and mounting bracket. What about the electric chute? I'm not sure what all to tell you to look for, as I've never owned one. Still not too bad, considering that new blowers from Deere, Kubota go for over $3K. Jeff

Dick, don't forget to bring it with you when you come up to salmon fishing. The kings will be in the end on May, and the reds june and July. Them 15 lb Silvers don't show up til Aug. I got just the baren tractor to test it on...MPH

$400.00 would be a steal. Like Jeff said make sure it has the lift cylinder, mounting bracket (same as used on the front blade), drive pulley, and a short splined driveshaft with u-joint. If this model has the electric discharge chute there should be an electrical harness located under the hood on the left side of the frame with a toggle switch on the dash panel. Try to get the owner to include that also. Removal would require removing the steering wheel, removing some screws from the dash panel, and raising the top panel to gain access. Hope this helps, good luck Ben