Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deck Rollers

kfran

i have some new rollers i would sell, they are from a B-10...would they fit? i will check tonight and see how many i have... brendonv

i have (2) part number 108432, and (2) 1668513...if u or anyone else are intersested e-mail me at SquantoB@yahoo.com make me a offer.... brendonv

I have a B-112 with a 48" deck. Are the rollers still available from Simplicity? Anyone know the part numbers off hand? Thanks.

I got a set from Sandy Lake Equipment a sponser on this site. If you let them know the model number or approx year of manufacture they should be able to help. They should also be able to fax a picture of the deck with an exploded view of the deck. Good luck John H

I replaced the rollers on my 48" deck, and the shaft they ride on (it broke on a stump) with new Simplicity factory parts late last summer. Took about a week, all told. The hardest part was figuring out how the new shaft moounted, since the old arrangement had been cobbled together by a previous owner who liked to weld stuff,and didn't look exactly the same as the new setup. The Simplicity dealer had the whole thing detailed in an exploded diagram on his computer. All I had to do was point at the pieces I wanted. Cut is much more even than it was before.

I fixed some wobbly rollers on a 611LT deck by drilling out the hole, and slipping in a length of PVC electrical conduit - the OD of the conduit matched the hole I had drilled and the ID of the conduit matched the shaft. I don't know how it will hold up, but it works pretty good now.

I replaced the rollers on my 42" deck a year ago using rollers I got from a John Deere dealer (sorry-but they were closer). They are the same diameter and fit perfectly, but I had to replace the long middle roller with four of the smaller ones because the JD dealer didn't have any that length. Works fine. DaveM

If the roller OD is okay but is just loose on the shaft, they can be re-bushed very inexpensively.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 60" deck and I replaced the rollers last summer. I don't know if they are the same on your deck. The P/N for the 60" deck roller is 175729. Since the are expensive, I modified the new ones and put a grease fitting in the middle of the roller and contersunk it below the running surface. I also rplaced the shaft with a stainless shaft as it was rusty and pitted and it would have worn out the new bushing quick. Since the holes in the support brackets where worn, I reamed them out larger and put bronze bushings in them.