Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LMichaels

Broadcast Spreader recs

LMichaels

So without breaking the bank I need to find a decent broadcast spreader. My current one (Precision Pro Broadcast walk behind) is a total POS a VERY expensive POS. It refuses to spread evenly and at the rate you think it will based on calibration. IT either stops all together or only broadcasts to one side only or dumps at a huge rate or not at all. I have just had it with it. On the surface it seems to be a well built unit heavy tubing, large heavy tub, large pneumatic tires and so on. But it just doesn't work. I thought it was the quality of material I was buying (inexpensive store brand fertilizer) so tried Scotts (as expensive as it gets) and it's even WORSE.

So looking for decent recs for both a walk behind and a tow behind than I will decide which type to get

LMichaels

I thought of that as well since my Honda already has a switched electric outlet back there and the PO welded in a 2" receiver which is very handy. But those things are REALLY spendy. I have been thinking about forgoing using dry stuff all together and getting a sprayer. Not sure how well the wet chemicals work compared to say Scotts TB.

LMichaels

Well I did find one. Lots more $$$ than I hoped to spend but way less than buying this kind of quality off the shelf. Buying one of these https://www.turfexproducts.com/spreaders/push-spreaders/ts85

Getting it for $220. It's only 2 years old lightly used and very clean. Cost new is $500 so it gives me what I need I hope

• Like 1