Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy XL w/ 3-pt Brinly plow

Bill725

I am looking at putting a cat. 0, 3-point Brinly moldboard plow on a Legacy XL with a cat. 1, 3-point. I know I have to get cat. 0-1 lift pins and cat. 0 top link pin with cat. 0-1 bushing, but my understanding is the width of the 3-point hitch and lift arms is wider for the cat. 1 than cat. 0. Has anyone mounted a Brinly cat. 0, 3-point hitch on a Legacy XL with no issue?

I frequently put category 0 3pt stuff on my XL hitch.   I made some small bushings that slip over the cat 0 pins and fit into the Legacy 3 point arms so I could still use the implements on other tractors with either cat 1 or cat 0 3 points.  Pic is of a Powermax tiller (cat 0) on the Legacy XL (cat 1) with the bushing just slipped on for this pic.  My Brinly A frame is the same setup (Cat 0) and have had no issues with the width.  I think cat 1 is 26" width and cat 0 is 22"?  Ish.

I used a piece of 5/8 id x 7/8 od pipe I had laying around.  Cut it with a tubing cutter.  If you dont need to interchange between diff machines I would change the pins, more than once I've cut additional bushings.

One thing to watch out for is to make sure the length of your pins clear the end of the ball on the 3 point arm to so you can get the correct linchpin installed.

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

Edited by MercerRec
  • Like 1

I also use Cat0 stuff on my XL 3pt.  If you don't have a scrap piece of tubing, any farm supply sells the Cat 1 to Cat 0 bushings.  I think they are around 2 for $1.  I have a drawer full.  The width of your arms won't matter.  Just make sure you use your RH chain, so the plow doesn't try to run away from you.