Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FDT hydraulic lift

MikeES

Some years ago "thedaddycat" had a great tech tip on the early hydraulic lift parts.  I saved a link but it no longer works.  I have search this site but to no luck.  I have found links in this site, but they no longer work.

Did anyone save the great article that Kirk had posted?  And could you repost it?

My HB 212 lift will not hold.  It operates up and down just fine, good power (will lift the tractor right off the ground), it use to hold a rototiller up for weeks while sitting, but now you lift the center blade (the only attachment I use on this tractor) and it will drop (slowly) while using.  When you stop the tractor with the grader blade up, it will slowly drop to the ground in about 10 seconds.

Any ideas?

@MikeES There is a quick link but I forgot (crs) so I'll give you this till I find the other

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/8443-hydraulic-lift-ram-exploded-view/?tab=comments#comment-194497

It's not as easy as I thought but I found the connection

•  Browse

https://simpletractors.com/articles.html/articles/miscellaneous-repairs/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mike,

I have a paper copy of the Simplicity Hydraulic Kit No. 367 Manual which shows: 1) the assembly/kit installation to a manual lift tractor and 2) the IPLs of the hydraulic unit and lift cylinder. The IPLs are the same as what is shown in the owners/IPL manual. If you would like I could scan and email them to you.

Thanks Gene for the link,  Bill I would really be interested in a copy of the Simplicity Hydraulic Kit Manual.

Send me a message and I will respond with my e-mail.

Thank you,

@MikeES ,

@Bill725 sent me pics of the pages of his hydraulic lift installation manual (990367).  I made them into a PDF and just uploaded it to the "Downloads" forum.

I also uploaded the installation instructions for hydraulic lift  990468 and a parts manual for all versions (I believe) of the FDT hydraulic lift.