Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear Rake II

Dutch

Version I of the rear rake had the joints pinned in place. On Version II, the joints are loose and held at the desired angle by chains. Not only does this permit obtaining the optimum angle, but the rake now folds up for flat wall storage. So much for putting those old fan rakes with busted handles to use. Now for the busted bow rakes. Added pipe extensions so that rake heads can be changed on the fly. Bungee cords were replaced with a single spring. Changing the length or the spring gives the fan rake a nice “schmush” and the bow rake a “bite”. Wanted to make you guys happy. So, instead of using clamps the hold the bow rake PVC holders, went with the best Red/Green tradition. http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/rake-seq2.jpg

Um......... Herb, the last photo clearly has two leaves showing.............didn't you proof these pics first?? Terry

HERB: YOU are always coming up with good ideas and i would maybe like to make one to hook up to agco918 since it is the brother to yours.good idea as always. A++++ ON YOUR PROJECT. AGCO918

Well I did not think it should be alowed for 1 person to have so much fun. How much you sellin em for? HEHE

Maybe exposed pulleys is why he insists on running boards.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Mike, Yup..... don't use the covers. All they do is hide the rust that develops from the belt galley being loaded with grass. Plus, I can easily keep the idler pulley pivot lubed. Kent, I tried to explain before. The CH18 runs so smooth and quiet I have a tendency to nod off while mowing. The running boards provide relaxing leg support. I guess you foot draggin' one lunger guys just can't understand that.

Herb, if it hadn't been done many years ago, I think you would have put together the original "simple" tractor from parts you recyled or liberated from what others threw away.