Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC B207 belt - trans questions

Cree

Hey guys-  As I posted a few weeks ago, I’ve recently purchased an early B207 and gotten it running well, tuned up, blades sharpened, and, of course, did all that while we were in the worst dry spell I’ve ever seen in Georgia, so can’t even say I’ve cut the grass with it.

My question is this - my belts all seem to be in good shape, but I wanted to verify the belt numbers for the B207.  I’ve seen at one post on here that referenced one series of part numbers, then on the Simplicty site, noticed some different ones were listed.  Could anyone verify which belts (and the Simplicity part #s) I need?  (All of them except the starter-generator)

Next, I’ve been looking for a diagram of the Peerless transmission - on mine, it seems to be a challenge to get the trans to 3rd.  I’m thinking the shift lever might have gotten tweaked a bit over the last 50 years, but before I go and take a look, I’d like to know what I’m getting into.  I’ve tried my “Google-fu” but so far, the only thing I find is far newer transmissions.  Anyone got any ideas?  

Thanks for all the information you guys have already shared!

Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can correct me, but I believe your A/C B207 is the same as a Simplicity Broadmoor. Working examples can be found all over for $100 or less. Pull a transaxle, paint it yellow, and pop it in. 707 & 717 are 2 speeds. 728 was 3 speed.

B-207 had a Peerless transmission that is different from the Simplicity-made trannys in Broadmoor, etc. and the later AC Homesteader tractors. However, I think the rear end of a Simplicity would easily slide into the mounting hole of the B-207. Best way is to look at diagrams. Unfortunately, I do not know how to come up with a B-207 manual! Tom 

There should be a small metal tag attached to the transmission case with a model number on it. The same series of transmission was used on the Massey MF7 tractors. 

Edited by Chris727